Search

.com Forum · Australian Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : My first Agility Trial
 me__0021
Premium Member
Forum Moderator

System.__ComObject Forum Moderator
4/3/2004 10:30:32 PM reply with quote send message to me__0021 Object to Post   

I went to my first agility trial last night, and ran my younger dog McLachlan, also a first timer!
He finished the course correctly, within the time, but with 2 course faults so no Qualie. (He missed the colours on the dog walk, and he crashed through the middle of the spread jump (something he'd never done!)).
But I'm so proud of him, other dogs were racking up 37 faults. And the dogs from the agility class ahead of me all got DQ'd, so my instructor apologised for saying I shouldn't have entered!
Anyway, the judge told me that Lachie look like he was having fun with me, and that it was the happiest run he'd seen all night.
I was glad to hear that because I can't remember looking at Lachie except on the table, and the weaves!
Anyway I just had to share!
Jessica
 am_powa
Basic User

Basic User
4/3/2004 11:25:04 PM reply with quote send message to am_powa Object to Post

Hi
CONGRATS!!!!!!!WD!!!!
I wish i could each my dog how to do that but she is to lazyhappy :)
 carebear
Basic User

Basic User
4/22/2004 6:26:05 AM reply with quote send message to carebear Object to Post

congrats! i took my pup to her first agility lesson the other night and she seemed to enjoy it... can't start competing for about 6 months (when she's 18months) but am looking forward to it!
 stdpoodle
Basic User

Basic User
4/22/2004 7:56:23 AM reply with quote send message to stdpoodle Object to Post

I got to watch an agility trial for the first time on Sunday. It's sooo fun to see the dogs fly!

I've been teaching my dog (Standard Poodle) the different obstacles, but our yard is so small that I can either set-up 4 weave poles OR 2 jumps. Makes it hard to teach him to go straight from one item to the nextsad :(

Good luck with your dog, he sounds promisingwink ;)

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.