Search

.com Forum · UK Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Thinking of getting another dog (real life)
 Butterflyroad
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/21/2010 11:04:27 AM reply with quote send message to Butterflyroad Object to Post   

Ok so we just had our 18 year old border collie x cockier spaniel put to sleep about 3 weeks ago. Well my mum is already thinkign of getting a new. No not to replace the old one (he's irreplaceable) but because we have a greyhound that we got last year and since sam died she her behavior has taken a turn for the worse like she isn't intrested in any tihng, frightend to go on the lead and is now terrified of other dogs we see on walks but she isn't scared of my nans golden retriever. So after speaking to some one who very much an expert on greyhounds we decided getting another dog would do her a load of good. Here the problem lies we have seen about 3 dogs that we might be able to have live with us. A german shepard cross siberian husky, a 3 legged lurcher x and a 40mkilo greyhound. No he isn't over wirght he just really big. (we have seen a picture of him).

I know it would probably best if we got the other greyhound but that means having to travel from York to oxford and so they might not allow us to take him home. Now me and mum have decided the German sheperd cross might be a bit eneregetic for as he is only 6 months so we are sort of liking the idea of having a 3 lgged lurcher cross around the house plus the branch is in York so we can get to him easilybut my dad isn't to keen on the idea of having a dog with just 3 legs. I don't know maybe he thinks we wont be ableot cope? Any suggestions?
 Butterflyroad
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2010 9:51:26 AM reply with quote send message to Butterflyroad Object to Post

Uhh my spelling is terrible
 Figs Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
7/28/2010 4:32:01 PM reply with quote send message to Figs Dreams Object to Post

I don't really have any advice for you, but I'd probably get the german shepherd cross, but thats just me.
 SamWam
Basic User

Basic User
7/29/2010 12:57:22 AM reply with quote send message to SamWam Object to Post

My heart strings say go the Lurcher! Someone needs to love him! :P But I spose it all comes down to how they get along with your girl and other dogs. All the best whichever way you go laugh :D
 Zikka
Basic User

Basic User
7/29/2010 3:28:12 AM reply with quote send message to Zikka Object to Post

I agree with above. It all depends on how they get along with your dog and your family.

I know from experience you can spend weeks researching breeds, time limits, money limits etc...and just plain fall in love with a dog that doesn't meet any of your requirements. Still, a rottweiler/staffordshire terrier mutt is by far the best dog I've owned. He's just amazing happy :)

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.