Search

.com Forum · UK Forum

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Crufts back on TV next year!!!
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/11/2009 12:56:15 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post   

Its going to be shown on More 4

Hamish Mykura, Head of More 4, said:

“More 4’s coverage will enable dog lovers to see all the Crufts favourites, with fresh and stylish coverage that will give the show a More 4 twist. Crufts has a long-standing place in British broadcasting, and people who watch it want to know that the dogs are, above all, happy and healthy. Our programmes will place a particular emphasis on dog welfare issues, reflecting different points of view.”

www.crufts.org.uk/news/more-4-broadcast-crufts

sounds good to me, at least it souds as if they are going to be unbiast about dog breeding and health issues, unlike other programs.
 FLAboratory kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/12/2009 4:09:34 AM reply with quote send message to FLAboratory kennel Object to Post

YAY! I was dissopionted that it was not on this year. I went there this year, but i dindn't go in the arena so i didn't see the true fun of it sad :( I cannot wait till next years crufts happy :)
 Waggs1
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/24/2009 1:30:03 PM reply with quote send message to Waggs1 Object to Post

Hooray!

Despite the BBC not covering it Crufts celebrated their greatest turnout so far. (I was one of them). Because of all the scandal I went with an open mind about it all. However everyone I talked to was very candid about the genetics issue and seemed happy to talk. There was certainly no cover-up and breeders are genuinely trying to change. What seems clear is that if you want to ensure the pedigree dog you buy has no underlying genetic problems it is now easier than ever to test it.

I'm delighted it will be back on television.

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.