Search

.com Forum · UK Forum

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Very annoyed
 Zikka
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/15/2009 6:57:38 AM reply with quote send message to Zikka Object to Post   

Since it was a very hot day here yesterday I decided to take my dog to the beach so he could splash around in the sea and generally make a mess and have fun. However, the local council this year has decided to ban all dogs on the beach during the summer. It used to be a 50/50 beach share between people and dogs, providing owners made sure their dogs weren't being a nuisance and IMO it worked very well.

So, I live about a 20 minute walk away from a beach I can't use in hot weather to cool my dog down and let him have fun. Very unfair.

When did people start hating dogs? It's such a shame, since dogs are usually better behaved than kids and the beaches are swarming with brats screaming for attention and throwing litter everywhere.
 QuickSilver.
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2009 9:10:29 AM reply with quote send message to QuickSilver. Object to Post

It's because of the bad owners that leave dog poop all over for people to step in, or let their dogs run loose that jump on and freak little kids out.
 KennelWood kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2009 11:30:49 AM reply with quote send message to KennelWood kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by QuickSilver.
It's because of the bad owners that leave dog poop all over for people to step in, or let their dogs run loose that jump on and freak little kids out.
Compleatly right, someone i use to know let her dog go up to a kid that was building a sand castle and pee all over the castle and kid!
Personaly i disslike kids but that was compleatly out of order.

Its a shame that a few spoil it for the rest of us. Prehaps you could start a pertition and get dog owners to sign it.

(Edit to change hate to disslike)
 Genesis Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/25/2009 1:58:53 AM reply with quote send message to Genesis Kennels Object to Post

posted by KennelWood kennels

Personaly i hate kids but that was compleatly out of order.

IMO, makes no sense, do you hate yourself? Well, you were once a kid.
 KennelWood kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/25/2009 5:46:47 AM reply with quote send message to KennelWood kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Genesis Kennels

No i quite like my self im 22 now, but when i was a kid i was one of those uncontrolable ones, my parents never had any more after me lol.

I dont know why i dont dont like them i just dont, i feel realy uncomfutable, nurvous and panicky around them. Prehaps hate was a too strong word its more of a Disslike.

over the age of about 10 im ok with them though (i wouldnt hurt one or anything like that, i just avoid and ignore them). But i think they all know i dont like them as for some reason kids seem to love me. My family think i would make a good mum one day as if i have to deal with someones kids im actualy quite good at looking after them.
 501sassy
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2009 6:21:58 AM reply with quote send message to 501sassy Object to Post

posted by Genesis Kennels

No i quite like my self im 22 now, but when i was a kid i was one of those uncontrolable ones, my parents never had any more after me lol.

I dont know why i dont dont like them i just dont, i feel realy uncomfutable, nurvous and panicky around them. Prehaps hate was a too strong word its more of a Disslike.

over the age of about 10 im ok with them though (i wouldnt hurt one or anything like that, i just avoid and ignore them). But i think they all know i dont like them as for some reason kids seem to love me. My family think i would make a good mum one day as if i have to deal with someones kids im actualy quite good at looking after them.

Im a kid/teen my self. I am controlable but my brother is not. I am older then him so i get the blame when ever he does something wrong like start shouting the countdown to hid and seek how unfair sad :(
 Ravel
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2009 8:37:54 AM reply with quote send message to Ravel Object to Post

I know exactly what you mean, and it is super annoying when responsible dog owners can't take their dogs to the beaches either. There's a beach near my house dogs aren't supposed to be allowed on, but there are so many dog people in the neighborhood that as long as people are responsible, no one is going to report it to the bylaw officers.
 SamWam
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2009 9:18:07 AM reply with quote send message to SamWam Object to Post

I live on the coast and our town has designated dog beaches, people can go there if they please, but they're marked as a dog beach so they know there are dogs and enter at their own will. Dogs must be on a leash at all times and all waste must be removed (though I can guarantee neither of those rules are followed closely)

However, people still just take their dog to the nearest beach regardless of council law, and when they get caught, they are fined as well, but that's not often enough to deter them. This is where people get cranky and push for no dog laws all together, which is sad, because everyone should have the right to use the beach, but everyone should also know their responsibility of controlling and cleaning up after their dog.

The beach I go to is a also a horse beach, and it's in a sheltered bay so is very calm, and only lapping waves, so is great for a dog like mine who hates water and won't even look at it if there is waves :P
 Figs Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
10/22/2009 3:59:22 PM reply with quote send message to Figs Dreams Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Irresponsible dog owners ruin it for others and it is unfair that almost all beaches have banned dogs. Where do they expect us to bring our dogs on walks? My dog enjoys outside and would love to visit the beach and perhaps get into the water to cool off but how can she whenever the beaches have banned dogs. In my opinion kids leave messes on the beach all the time and are never banned, however dogs break just one tiny rule and are banned forever.
 lilkilo
Basic User

Basic User
2/5/2010 3:00:45 PM reply with quote send message to lilkilo Object to Post

posted by Ravel
I know exactly what you mean, and it is super annoying when responsible dog owners can't take their dogs to the beaches either. There's a beach near my house dogs aren't supposed to be allowed on, but there are so many dog people in the neighborhood that as long as people are responsible, no one is going to report it to the bylaw officers.

hey my name is likilo
 elisey
Basic User

Basic User
12/18/2010 3:41:44 PM reply with quote send message to elisey Object to Post

yes people can be so annoying!

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.