Search

.com Forum · UK Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Whould you call it....?
 Sunset Goldens
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/17/2009 9:54:28 AM reply with quote send message to Sunset Goldens Object to Post   

Next part in my What-I-Don't-Know segment.

In England you call cookies biscits, right? But what would you call Westernized, overly sugared, mass produced, packaged cookies? think Oreos, Chips Ahoy, ect. Are they just called cookies, or not? Plus, what Westernized, overly sugared, mass produced, package cookies have made it "across the pond", yet? I am asking since I was reading somewhere that Krispy Kream Donuts have come recently, and to me those donuts (never spelled the correct way) have been around since the start of time, so I wasn't sure.

Thank you, everyone.

P.S. I wouldn't mind never haveing lots of show again! (see my fisrt post)
 Frankly Workers
Basic User

Basic User
2/17/2009 10:40:41 AM reply with quote send message to Frankly Workers Object to Post

Im not sure, but now I'm craving some doughnuts. Lol.
 tomcat1
Basic User

Basic User
2/17/2009 11:35:10 AM reply with quote send message to tomcat1 Object to Post

Where I live, as a rule if its from a country, its known by whatever that country knows it as.

So oreos etc are cookies. UK made ones are either brandnamed (eg Kitkat) or generally biscuits.

I don't know whats made it over or not.
 tomcat1
Basic User

Basic User
2/17/2009 11:35:11 AM reply with quote send message to tomcat1 Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

double post.. got trigger happy !
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
2/27/2009 10:21:48 AM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

i would call the Oreos bisckets (sp?) and Chips Ahoy cookies, as they are chocolat chip cookies. but realy i would call it whatever it was called on the packet, so if it said bisckets or cookie thats what i would call it.

Any more? happy :)
 Kindred Hearts
Basic User

Basic User
4/10/2009 2:53:18 PM reply with quote send message to Kindred Hearts Object to Post

Most European people would class products like Chips Ahoy! as cookies. Basically things studded with chocolate chips, raisins etc. and soft are cookies.

Biscuits are like Oreos, harder. Coated possibly with chocolate or plain. Like McVities. Oh and yeah Krispy Kreame has come here. In London there are two at the moment. Bless Krispy Kreame forever more!

Hope that helps.

- Kindred Hearts
 Colour Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/13/2009 9:18:06 AM reply with quote send message to Colour Kennels Object to Post

I would personally call Oreos biscuits and Chips Ahoy! Cookies - to me all cookies are chocolate chip wink ;)

-Brady
 Demented Psyche
Basic User

Basic User
4/13/2009 9:38:24 AM reply with quote send message to Demented Psyche Object to Post

Hehe. I love cultural variance. In the US if you ask someone to pass a biscuit for anything other than something that looks similar to this,

you will get looked at very strangely and most certainly will not get said cookie/biscuit you are desiring.

~Morgan

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.