Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Guessing Game
 OnPoint
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
3/16/2024 11:31:31 PM reply with quote send message to OnPoint Object to Post   

Can something to do done to address the guessing game of which solid 10’s puppy might be the best to move on with? There has to be a solution…

I’ve been playing this game on and off for 20 years and it’s sad that it appears abandoned to time and left to whatever end it may achieve.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/17/2024 5:08:40 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

https://www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=1684600

Many people have made good suggestions, but I don't think they will be implemented.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/17/2024 11:21:10 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

One good thing about the game being more predictable and smaller. You don't have to breed as much. It lets you focus on lower numbers of dogs. The only exception might be if you're breeding for color.

Will
 Clay Creek Falls
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/29/2024 2:21:34 AM reply with quote send message to Clay Creek Falls Object to Post

I am actually looking at returning to the game, but was sad to see that all BC's were still sitting at 100 SOP.

I was hoping another reset would have been done like it did in the past (god I'm old - have also been around nearly 20 yrs too! aha)

Unfortunately I can't really see anything happening now if it hasn't already.. but fingers crossed!

Linz
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/29/2024 11:22:42 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by Clay Creek Falls
I am actually looking at returning to the game, but was sad to see that all BC's were still sitting at 100 SOP.

I was hoping another reset would have been done like it did in the past (god I'm old - have also been around nearly 20 yrs too! aha)

Unfortunately I can't really see anything happening now if it hasn't already.. but fingers crossed!

Linz

I would be curious how many folks would stick around if the game rebooted again. Its a lot for long haul folks with a decade or more in the game to give up.

Will
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
3/30/2024 7:35:29 AM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

There will be no reset or increased detail in numbers like we did 10 years ago.

Not going through that again.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/30/2024 10:12:45 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Understood.

Would you consider one of the possible solutions presented here?

https://www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=1684600
 Clay Creek Falls
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/31/2024 11:07:30 PM reply with quote send message to Clay Creek Falls Object to Post

Do we maybe just as a collective user base decide to FH all current dogs and start fresh with starter dogs?

I’m more than happy to do this, but I think it should go to a vote first of course. At least this way all the original legacy and lines will remain as historical data ?

Linz
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/1/2024 5:54:51 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by Clay Creek Falls
Do we maybe just as a collective user base decide to FH all current dogs and start fresh with starter dogs?

I’m more than happy to do this, but I think it should go to a vote first of course. At least this way all the original legacy and lines will remain as historical data ?

Linz

A lot of breeds are slowly dying off on their own. I guess over time this may naturally happen.

If I still had dogs in my kennel that were from years and years of work. I'd be hard pressed to give up any of the work.

Will
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/2/2024 10:27:33 AM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

I could not do it. I am hard pressed as it is to FH old dogs now.

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.