Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Coming back to the game after 10 years... can't figure out how to breed?
 Dennys Danes
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/25/2024 3:56:04 PM reply with quote send message to Dennys Danes Object to Post   

Not my first account unfortunately. I have starter bitches, trying to breed them and can't seem to do it? I click the stud fee, click the appropriate bitch and it takes me to her page. What am I doing wrong?
Coming back to the game after 10 years... can't figure out how to breed?
0 Total Votes | Votes from premium users carry more weight.
 PremiereKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/26/2024 10:51:11 PM reply with quote send message to PremiereKennel Object to Post

Go to the stud’s page. I’ve noticed that sometimes, I cannot breed to a particular stud that I own unless it is listed for public stud, so this might be a factor. First, check the birthday of the stud. Some starters are not breedable immediately. If they are old enough, click the “breed to this stud” link. I can’t tell you where on the page it will be, because I am totally blind and use a screen reader, so the game looks different to me since screen readers display everything in a linear fashion.

Once you click that link, it will take you to a page that will show all the bitches that are in your kennel and are eligible for breeding. Pick the bitch you want and there should be a “breed” link there somewhere. I hope this helps. I’ll help more if I can.
 Kamishaw
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/8/2024 9:47:41 PM reply with quote send message to Kamishaw Object to Post

I checked his age. He’s old enough. I did click “Breed” on his page and it took me to my kennel, where I clicked on my bitch, who was considered eligible. She has not had previous puppies that I can see.
But nothing happened after I clicked on her.
I tried going the other way and clicking “Breed” on her screen, then choosing him that way. It should have worked, but I don’t think so.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/9/2024 10:26:25 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Is it because you are a basic and have 3 litters already?
I’m not familiar with rules for basics. They should be somewhere here.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/9/2024 10:28:52 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

I found this:

Remember, free (basic) accounts can only breed for the first month after joining. Once your first month is up, you will not be able to breed any more unless you upgrade to a premium account. Breeding also produces many puppies that will count toward you kennel limit (5 for basics and 30 for premium) when they turn 14 days old.

I don’t think you are a month old yet, though.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.