Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Boosting Dog scores
 Taylor.Swift13
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/29/2024 6:53:47 PM reply with quote send message to Taylor.Swift13 Object to Post   

How do you get your dogs or bitches to get higher scores?
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/29/2024 11:00:21 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

A basic kennel can only breed once I think and you haven’t bred a high SOP dog to a high SOP bitch. The get will be of poor quality.

I see you have starter dogs. You can’t get anywhere with those. sad :(

Others may have other suggestions but mine would be to pay for a standard and stick with one breed and work on those.

Carol
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/29/2024 11:03:51 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Welcome to Showdog!

As with real dogs, winning ShowDogs need to first be bred from well bred parents. Check the sales for the breeds you are interested in and write to some of the established breeders. You can breed up from starters but it's a long process.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/29/2024 11:27:32 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I could be wrong but I think a Basic can breed for 30 days but they are limited to 5 dogs (14 days and older). That said I think "Taylor" is past that point already.

I agree with Carol - stick to one breed to begin. You can show that Border Collie to get the hang of that aspect but "Forever Home" the others.

Check this link:
https://www.showdog.com/help/topic.aspx?id=32

(It's found right at the top, "dark strip' - SignOut/HELP/Contact).

Welcome!

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler