Search

.com Forum · UK Forum

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : Visiting the UK for the first time
 Jargon Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/30/2007 4:13:38 PM reply with quote send message to Jargon Kennels Object to Post   

I'm planning a trip to London and France in march, and as it's my first time in Europe, I'm looking for suggestions on where to go.
I figured you guys would be the best people to give me suggestions. I have 1 free day in London and 1 or 2 days in Paris.
Big Ben, the changing of the guard, Westminster and the eiffel tower are givens, as are the Louvre and the Mussee D'Orsay. What can I NOT miss on my trip to London (and Paris, if you've been there)? (I'm also looking for places to go on Montmartre (sp?).
If you've got cultural suggestions don't hesitate to give those too! (Such as riding a double-decker bus). Thanks! Jen
 Kitt Coty
Basic User

Basic User
12/31/2007 3:10:00 AM reply with quote send message to Kitt Coty Object to Post

A day in London could include a ride on the London Eye which will give you a great birds eye view of the area.Double decker buses are everywhere so you should.nt have a problem there,I believe thet open topped double decker buses are available for a tourist trip with guide which would be a quick way of just being able to see some of the sights and take some pics.
A trip along the River Thames by boat if you have time is worthwhile and could take you to Greenwich with the beautiful buildings of the Maritime Museum,the old Greenwich Observetory and the meridian line (in Greenwich Park where the 2012 Olympic Equestrian events are due to be held)
I am not too sure about Paris but as you have longer there the Left Bank (where the artists hang out) seems popular as well as the Louvre.
Have a great time and plan well in advance.This will save you rushing on the days you have.
Hope these ideas help.

Replies in this thread : 1

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.