Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Decorative pedigrees
 Vivax Audax
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/20/2023 9:03:33 PM reply with quote send message to Vivax Audax Object to Post   

Hello. I'm hoping for opinions from breeders and owners of pedigreed dogs.

I'm a graphic designer, have been doing stuff off and on for breeders over the last decade and might start advertising again soon and try to open up my networking again.

For my own dog and as gifts to friends, I have done decorative pedigrees that are a combination of photos of the dog and its family members (if I have permission to use the pics) and the pedigree, and making the whole thing either thematic or "pretty." Sort of like a banner but a pedigree that you can use on your social media or website, though obviously not an official pedigree. I'm just not positive of the, maybe ethics of this or whether it would garner any interest from people who probably already have the official pedigree of their dogs. I do it because I find it fun, but I wonder if it would be something worth advertising for.

- is it ethical or acceptable do you think?
- does it sound interesting to you?
- do you think it's pointless since you already have a pedigree and photos to post?

I don't see anyone else doing this so maybe there's a reason I'm unaware of.

I might even do one for a couple of my favorite SD dogs lol just to remember the pedigrees I built and the show record.

Thanks!
 King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/20/2023 9:07:26 PM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

do it!
 King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/20/2023 9:12:49 PM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

posted by Vivax Audax
Hello. I'm hoping for opinions from breeders and owners of pedigreed dogs.

I'm a graphic designer, have been doing stuff off and on for breeders over the last decade and might start advertising again soon and try to open up my networking again.

For my own dog and as gifts to friends, I have done decorative pedigrees that are a combination of photos of the dog and its family members (if I have permission to use the pics) and the pedigree, and making the whole thing either thematic or "pretty." Sort of like a banner but a pedigree that you can use on your social media or website, though obviously not an official pedigree. I'm just not positive of the, maybe ethics of this or whether it would garner any interest from people who probably already have the official pedigree of their dogs. I do it because I find it fun, but I wonder if it would be something worth advertising for.

- is it ethical or acceptable do you think?
- does it sound interesting to you?
- do you think it's pointless since you already have a pedigree and photos to post?

I don't see anyone else doing this so maybe there's a reason I'm unaware of.

I might even do one for a couple of my favorite SD dogs lol just to remember the pedigrees I built and the show record.

Thanks!

i dont think its pointless at all. I think people would love to have that visual to help tell the story of the dogs behind the dog. I have American Bullis ive seen a few kennels that just have headshots of ancestors behind the dogs being bred but thats really all I can think of that would be similar to this. I think its a cool idea and especially if you find it fun anyways so its enjoyable and not stressful.
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/21/2023 5:30:35 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

Absolutely go for it! 100%
 Vivax Audax
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2023 11:31:54 PM reply with quote send message to Vivax Audax Object to Post

Thank you for your responses happy :)
I may even open up a free post here for practice!
 Ghostmane
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/27/2023 7:49:18 AM reply with quote send message to Ghostmane Object to Post

I've seen some breeders IRL doing stuff like this on their dogs web pages (none of them have looked very great lol). I say there's definitely a market!

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.