Search

.com Forum · Brags

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Best In Show with a Gen 2 American Eskimo!
 Shadee Lane American Eskimos
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
6/11/2023 12:29:51 AM reply with quote send message to Shadee Lane American Eskimos Object to Post   

Have no clue how this happened! LOL I use to show Eskies on here when I played over 10 years ago so when I started again a few months back I knew Eskies would be one of my breeds. Was kinda sad that there where none for sale so I started with some source dogs. I have breed some Gen 3's but my Gen 2 male won a Best In Show tonight! I am so shocked!!!

https://www.showdog.com/shows/show_results.aspx?show=Vintage%20Show%2041
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/11/2023 8:37:57 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Congrats!

So, interestingly, some judges have this preference:

Thinks dogs should be compared to how good they are vs the rest of their breed rather than overall quality vs all dogs.
A lot of low SOP/source dogs and dogs that are owner handled place in group and show over higher SOP dogs. There are theories about why this happens, but if you have breeds like this, look for those judges to show under.
 Shadee Lane American Eskimos
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/18/2023 10:59:05 AM reply with quote send message to Shadee Lane American Eskimos Object to Post

That is so true about the judges. I have entered him under 5 different judges like that & he now has 5 BIS. I am still surprised that he has this many wins. I can see best in breed for him but best in show is so surprising! It’s very nice tho!

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.