Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : anyone else get "biased" gender/quality splits in litters?
 Sunwing
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
12/1/2022 7:39:13 PM reply with quote send message to Sunwing Object to Post   

More just frustration and wondering if anyone else is dealing with this lol. But I've had the horrible luck that in almost all of my litters across all the breeds I'm working with, quality favors the Dogs.

Makes it super hard to keep a dog/bitch from each litter when all the best quality puppies are dogs and the bitches are just scraping the bottom of the barrel. Just had a litter where there was only 1 dog and 5 bitches...Dog was still the pick pup XD! I'm having to pick less quality pups over good ones just so I can keep the gender split even enough and stay within the kennel limit.

On the other hand, if there is something that I'm unaware of that helps boost the quality of bitch puppies, fill me in! Or perhaps it just mirrors real life; some dam's throw good bitches, some don't.
 CzarinaEstates
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/1/2022 7:46:26 PM reply with quote send message to CzarinaEstates Object to Post

Unfortunately it’s just dumb luck I’m afraid!
 Sunwing
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/1/2022 7:51:20 PM reply with quote send message to Sunwing Object to Post

oh goodness XD well sometimes that's just how it goes! Thanks for letting me know it's just luck and not something I'm overlooking.
 Wickised
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/2/2022 5:24:37 AM reply with quote send message to Wickised Object to Post

I seem to go in spurts, I get a bunch of good girls, then a bunch of good boys. I just keep the pups above what I consider my SOP limit in an initial sort, then if I need to get rid of more, I'll go by color. Of course, for me, it seems my best quality dogs are often the colors I don't want. I sometimes have to have a lower cut off for solid than merles and it takes a special dilute for me to breed more than a time or two, and since I recently had one that I bred a lot, I'm watching closely to make sure I don't get trapped with only dilutes.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/2/2022 9:39:43 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

I’ve had the opposite luck with my German Shepherds. I’ve been getting mostly females and not a lot of males which is messing with my plans laugh :D

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing