Search

.com Forum · Canadian Forum

Replies in this thread : 19

Author Topic : Hey!Canadianz!!!!!!Whatz up eh?!?!!!!!!!!!!
 __Dawg__gurl
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/24/2007 1:02:50 PM reply with quote send message to __Dawg__gurl Object to Post   

sooo...whatz up eh?
 Action Dog Agility
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2007 1:04:39 PM reply with quote send message to Action Dog Agility Object to Post

Just so you know, most canadians dont say 'eh' and I know someone on SD who is canadian and calls that the forbidden wordwink ;)
Im not Can. though lol
 __Dawg__gurl
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2007 1:16:28 PM reply with quote send message to __Dawg__gurl Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

im only PART canadain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i god eh from brother bear an a cumershel thad i saw on tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2007 2:02:08 PM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

posted by Action Dog Agility
Just so you know, most canadians dont say 'eh' and I know someone on SD who is canadian and calls that the forbidden wordwink ;)
Lol, shes right, "eh" is an evil word! Although I grew up in BC and Alberta(Now living in Indiana) its just not a natural thing for me to say (although I have been known to say it to bother my husband).
 Bonstreet
Basic User

Basic User
6/28/2007 10:08:42 PM reply with quote send message to Bonstreet Object to Post

Hey! I get skewered for saying that!

*SURE! THATS NO FAIR!!!*

For your information, eckle heimer is only used in American videos that contain Canadians, threfore stereotyping us. We use that word semi-often, but not at the beginning and/or end of a sentence, always in the middle. We do NOT say eckle heimer.

*huggles Colleen*

Chelle
 Action Dog Agility
Basic User

Basic User
6/28/2007 10:10:23 PM reply with quote send message to Action Dog Agility Object to Post

YES YOU WILL GET SKEWERED

just a warning...lol
 SureShot
Basic User

Basic User
7/3/2007 2:24:14 AM reply with quote send message to SureShot Object to Post

This thread made my skewer-sense tingle....who needs a skewerin for saying the Forbidden Word???
 Race On A Rainbow
Basic User

Basic User
7/4/2007 8:12:27 PM reply with quote send message to Race On A Rainbow Object to Post

I should be a pincushion then. Among my family, 'eh' does appear somewhere in every other sentence. >.<
 Canadienne
Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2007 8:10:53 AM reply with quote send message to Canadienne Object to Post

I use it all the time too. Guess it must be a regional thing happy :)
 DodgecityKennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2007 8:21:30 PM reply with quote send message to DodgecityKennels Object to Post

I live in BC and my husband always says it, but he's form Ontario, that might be why. I always point it out to him. lol
 griffin
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2007 11:50:36 AM reply with quote send message to griffin Object to Post

Regions more heavily influenced by US media use eh less than else where in Canada. In places such as southern ontario and southern BC it is very uncommon were as other places it is more common. I use it on occasion not much though.

There are many other Canadianisms that are much more common than eh but 'Americans' don't usually pick them up.

grif,
 Maeghans Giant Beauties
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2007 11:59:46 AM reply with quote send message to Maeghans Giant Beauties Object to Post

yall is to texans as eh is to canadians.

however, we probably use that word alot more often than canadians use eh. :]
 Canadienne
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2007 9:24:14 PM reply with quote send message to Canadienne Object to Post

Born and raised in Southern Ontario and I (and pretty much everyone I know) uses it quite often. happy :)

posted by griffin
Regions more heavily influenced by US media use eh less than else where in Canada. In places such as southern ontario and southern BC it is very uncommon were as other places it is more common.
 FleaDavis
Basic User

Basic User
7/26/2007 3:28:03 PM reply with quote send message to FleaDavis Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I live on the west coast,Right VERY southern BC, and EH is a part of my daily vocab hehe. Its just one of those great multi function words.

But I Grew up up north... And I do agree thats it is far more common in thoses sort of regions, and the in country, then in the cities and near the borders.

happy :)">
 Urban country Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/26/2007 3:39:18 PM reply with quote send message to Urban country Kennels Object to Post

my class watched this vid in class called "talking to americans"

people go to USA and tell lies about canada and THEY BELIEVE IT EVERY TIME!! lollaugh :D

one was
"we're worried about global warming so we put a roof over our Parliment building so it wouldn't melt. you see its made of ice."
thety congratulated us on itlaugh :D

"Would you sign a petition to stop the seal hunts in Saskatchewan?"
everyone was like "oh thats awful!ill sign"laugh :D then thet showed a clip of a university with the faculty and eveything with posters about itlaugh :D
 GraceInGlory
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/23/2007 12:12:42 AM reply with quote send message to GraceInGlory Object to Post

"Would you sign a petition to stop the seal hunts in Saskatchewan?"

I like that one laugh :D

I'm from SK, it's not uncommon being asked if we all live in igloos and travel by dog sleds. laugh :D I wish!

GIG
 GraceInGlory
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/23/2007 12:14:18 AM reply with quote send message to GraceInGlory Object to Post

Oh and I don't think I've ever used the "word" eh before. It bugs me when I hear it in movies. LOL
 Larkenloch
Basic User

Basic User
10/10/2007 4:41:56 PM reply with quote send message to Larkenloch Object to Post

posted by Action Dog Agility
Im not Can. though lol

Totally agree!
 golden tlc kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/7/2007 9:57:06 PM reply with quote send message to golden tlc kennel Object to Post

bonjour!!
 Hemigirl
Basic User

Basic User
12/23/2007 5:52:45 PM reply with quote send message to Hemigirl Object to Post

Live in New Brunswick and I don't think a conversation is ever complete here with out hearing at least one eh.

Guilty of it all the time.

Replies in this thread : 19

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.