Search

.com Forum · Off Topic Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Does anyone else miss Showcats?
 Pembroke Pixie Kennel
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
4/21/2022 10:31:44 AM reply with quote send message to Pembroke Pixie Kennel Object to Post   

Every so often I'll miss showcats XD Honestly of the two I preferred showcats to showdog, while SD does somewhat fill the void I still miss my Turkish Vans ;-;
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/21/2022 8:33:41 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

ShowCats? No not really - I never got into them although I know that there were a lot of folks who did. I do miss ShowHorse.
 AG Qarat
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/22/2022 4:51:32 PM reply with quote send message to AG Qarat Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

YES!! I had Chartreux and Peterbalds at Peppins. Luckily before the game ended I took screenshots of my champions. It sucked to know all that effort was just going to go away. I think since the introduction of phones and image-based games on apps, text-based games really took a hit. SD is text-based and already a small niche; I can't imagine how small Showcats must have been in players.

Hope it's a long while before that happens to SD.

-----
Last edited by AG Qarat on 4/22/2022 4:52:46 PM
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/6/2022 8:45:59 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

I miss ShowCats more and more every day. I loved playing on that site, and I had some great memories there. It was my main site, and Showdog was second for me. Now I only play ShowDog. I miss it a lot!
 CoffieDog
Basic User

Basic User
11/8/2022 8:41:32 AM reply with quote send message to CoffieDog Object to Post

Same! I was on SC for many many years and was very active. I had multiple premium accounts at one point (main one was M~L~E) and also made many banners which I still have saved on my computer! But the last few years I played as a basic (with my og account Catz2) and still did quite well with my cats. It was my favorite of all of Jeff's sites. I remember back in the day being intimidated with how big, active, and elitist SD was so I migrated to SC and loved the small tight-knit community there and that it was easier to show. I was devastated when it shut down, the last day I spent as much time as I could just admiring the site...I also took screenshots too.
 Blackstone Homestead
Basic User

Basic User
11/12/2022 1:03:33 AM reply with quote send message to Blackstone Homestead Object to Post

Oh dear that's such a bummer, I was searching up showcats tonight for old times' sake and hoping to rejoin. I used to play it so much as a kid and today I've actually shown real cats here and there. I preferred it to this one.

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.