Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Any mentors out there
 Akita Mansion
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
1/31/2022 4:43:16 PM reply with quote send message to Akita Mansion Object to Post   

Hi I'm back on from a very long break and I was wondering if there is a mentor program or anyone that wouldn't mind helping me out with some very newbie questions. Haha I'd like to get back in the game but I have Total forgotten how to play it. Thanks in advance.
 FromRussiaWithLove
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/31/2022 6:53:10 PM reply with quote send message to FromRussiaWithLove Object to Post

I’d be happy to help, feel free to message me with any questions.
And if your are interested in starting in any of the breeds I work in (My kennels have Mudis, Jack Russell’s, smooth and wire Fox Terriers, Scottie’s, Sealyhams, Skye Terriers, Australian terriers, Rhodesians and few others) let me know and I would be happy to help out getting you started.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/31/2022 7:44:58 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Why not ask here?
I bet there are others who want to ask and don’t.

Carol
 Akita Mansion
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/31/2022 9:12:59 PM reply with quote send message to Akita Mansion Object to Post

Thanks everyone. I guess first question is feeding? Do I need to change the food I am feeding a dog? I'm a basic player so can I make the 1777 dog food blend and how would I do that?
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/1/2022 4:40:08 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

First, you can't make custom foods as a basic. If you intend to purchase some puppies, you can ask the seller if they will put the pups onto a 1777 puppy formula before you purchase the pup. The custom formula is much better than any preset foods.
 Akita Mansion
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/1/2022 8:45:27 AM reply with quote send message to Akita Mansion Object to Post

Ok thanks you so much I guess that makes me feel a little bit better about that part. I'm working on saving up to get a premium account eventually so I'll just get used to the game again in the mean time.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/1/2022 2:37:34 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Once you buy a pup that is on 1777 it will stay on that until you change it at 13/14 days. Then switch to the Super Duper one or whatever it is called.
 Akita Mansion
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/2/2022 1:13:17 PM reply with quote send message to Akita Mansion Object to Post

Thank you so much. I also now need to figure out a prefix for my kennel. I should have thought about a name more throughly before I signed up on here. AM has already been used right now. It's Mansion in the prefix bar and I really don't like that too much.
 Silver Ring Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/3/2022 9:46:23 PM reply with quote send message to Silver Ring Kennel Object to Post

How about AkM?
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/4/2022 1:58:48 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Welcome!

It's nice and handy for others but your prefix does not necessarily have to reflect your account name in my opinion - you might have more than one breed with different roots.

Here are a couple of sites with some really neat suggestion for Japanese names whether for the prefix or the individual dog.

https://reference.yourdictionary.com/other-languages/40-powerfully-beautiful-japanese-words.html

https://www.theinvisibletourist.com/beautiful-japanese-words-meanings/

Or Akision, Akiman , . . .

Good luck!

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 2/4/2022 2:03:23 PM
 Akita Mansion
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/4/2022 5:00:38 PM reply with quote send message to Akita Mansion Object to Post

Thanks for that site to check out. I will definitely have a look. I decided to use AkMan for my prefix. I have my first pair of puppies that I'm training up right now and I'll show when they are old enough.

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class