Search

.com Forum · American Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Trip To The Vet...
 Shybade
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/15/2007 3:15:00 PM reply with quote send message to Shybade Object to Post   

Some of you may remember the post where Sidy Boy was choking.
(www.showdog.com/login/philboard_read.aspx?id=139131)

Yesterday when he had his milkbone, he acted like he was having a difficult time with it. So, today I took him to the vet. She couldn't see anything by opening his mouth, so she was feeling around the outside of his throat. When she touched an area, it was obvious that he didn't want her fooling with it- the area was high up enough that it is most likely where the cracker was lodged.

She's thinking that he has some irritation there from the cracker, so he's on Clavamox (antibiotic) for a week. She also doesn't want him to have anything hard to eat for awhile, since it may irritate what is already irritated.

I'm taking him back in next week for a follow-up, and if there's no change, they're going to have to put him under to check further in his throat.

He seems fine now though- yesterday he was acting a bit odd, but his reflux was acting up- which would cause even further irritation with his throat.

He was a real charmer at the vet today though- prancing around, and wanting to get everyones attention. However when I got him outside the office, do you think the little brat would walk on a lead? Nope.. he wont walk on a lead for me, but he'll prance around the vets office to show off for everyone.

He's a little monster.

Corgi Crazy Type Of Person
Basic User

Basic User
5/15/2007 3:19:34 PM reply with quote send message to Corgi Crazy Type Of Person Object to Post

Poor dog.The last part is a little funny!
 Ross Wood Setters
Basic User

Basic User
5/15/2007 3:59:40 PM reply with quote send message to Ross Wood Setters Object to Post

agree with Corgi but that is sad sad :(
 Recall Obedience Training
Basic User

Basic User
5/16/2007 12:51:43 PM reply with quote send message to Recall Obedience Training Object to Post

Arent the words monster and terrier practically interchangable? wink ;)
Thats ok my poodle wont walk on grass, unless its to chase something, then when he gets out in the middle of the pasture he looks back at me and starts crying because he wants me to hurry up and come get him!
Never will forget the day he ran into the middle of a blackberry thicket and I had to crawl in after him. Poodle hair+blackberry bush=instant stuck poodle that cant move.
Wishing the lil monster a speedy recovery!
Tammy

B Collies Rock
Basic User

Basic User
5/18/2007 1:10:06 PM reply with quote send message to B Collies Rock Object to Post

Aawwwwwww! Give him kisses for me. He reminds me of my own little rascal: Minnie, the terrifying squirrel chaser. lol!
 Winters Huskies
Basic User

Basic User
10/4/2007 4:07:17 PM reply with quote send message to Winters Huskies Object to Post

Hope he is doing well.....CUTE DOG!!!
 Olive Oil Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/9/2007 4:05:05 PM reply with quote send message to Olive Oil Kennels Object to Post

Until you've seen those pics you've never seen gorguse!!!!
 shortie_tall
Basic User

Basic User
11/9/2007 6:55:08 PM reply with quote send message to shortie_tall Object to Post

haha! Nice. My dog does the same thing with the lead. He learned though. i started walking around with a treat in my pocket. Everyone wonders why the dogs like me so much! I never even feed them.. i just keep it in my pocket!

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.