.com Forum · American Forum

Replies in this thread : 30
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Eragon Anyone?
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/24/2007 3:23:43 PM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post   

Who else has seen the movie Eragon? I really love it.

ofrockwood
 Bella Vita
Basic User

Basic User
3/24/2007 4:32:06 PM reply with quote send message to Bella Vita Object to Post

I haven't.

Chloe
 Nikita Pet Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/25/2007 1:33:57 AM reply with quote send message to Nikita Pet Kennels Object to Post

i saw it..it wasnt half as good as the book thoughh..
:]
 Midnight Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
3/25/2007 5:34:23 PM reply with quote send message to Midnight Dogs Object to Post

I saw it and liked it. I agree with Nikita Pet Kennels though.happy :)
 Grinding Rocks
Basic User

Basic User
3/25/2007 6:29:02 PM reply with quote send message to Grinding Rocks Object to Post

I LOVED it!!! I am a HUGE Eragon fan!!! I loved the books!!!! Book 3 is probably called Empire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

SO EXITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Race On A Rainbow
Basic User

Basic User
3/25/2007 6:33:23 PM reply with quote send message to Race On A Rainbow Object to Post

I haven't seen it. I keep meaning too though.

However, I have read the book. It was good, but there were points in it where I was getting kind of annoyed. There really isn't a need to start three quarters of your sentences with a noun...

Despite that though, the book was still excellent, and I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.
 Roaming Tazi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/26/2007 4:52:58 PM reply with quote send message to Roaming Tazi Kennels Object to Post

I've seen the movie and read the books.

THE MOVIE STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was SOOOO disappointed in it. I could name a million things they did wrong. The book was fantastic though, and I am a total fan!! First of all, Roran leaves because he has work to save money, as to propose to Katrina, and for other noble reasons. In fact, he occupies most of the second book in his adventures on his way to save her when she is betrayed by her father, and kidnapped by the Razak. In the Movie, he leaves because he is scared of being recruited for war, and leaves to hide. I think the movie would've been a huge hit if Peter Jackson did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Tazi
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

Basic User
3/26/2007 4:55:09 PM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post

lol. I think they're both good. Movie may not be as good as the book, but they did a great job making it though. *wonders how long it took*

ofrockwood
 AvalonMyst
Basic User

Basic User
3/26/2007 6:05:47 PM reply with quote send message to AvalonMyst Object to Post

I loved the book, didn't like the movie as much. I'm obsessed w/ star sapphires after reading the book, so I was looking forward to seeing it in the movie, and was disappointed (it wasn't included). Pat, my fiance, actually agreed with me for once--"I'm glad I read the book first!" he said as we were leaving the theater that day after seeing the movie. I always read the book first, which meant I had to read all 3 Lord of the Rings books before I saw the movies (talk about looooooong books....) happy :)

I liked the 2nd book too, and Pat, my sister Kate, and I are eagerly looking forward to the third happy :)

~Sara
 GermanShepherdLove12345
Basic User

Basic User
3/27/2007 5:36:14 PM reply with quote send message to GermanShepherdLove12345 Object to Post

I thought the book was okay, but that the movie really stunk. It didn't follow the book at all...

Not that I thought it was a terribly great book in the first place...razz :p

My friends dragged me to the theater with them and I wore bee antenna in protest. The guy who took my ticket stared at me weird. LOL.

GSL
 abby11
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2007 10:35:00 AM reply with quote send message to abby11 Object to Post

Funny thing. We baught the movie like at least a week ago and I still haven't seen it.lol. I have read both Eragn and Eldest and I really like them. I this that the movie will be good,but compared to the book they won't be all that great.
 WoofersKennel
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2007 12:30:56 PM reply with quote send message to WoofersKennel Object to Post

I love the book. The movie stinks though. It is NOTHING like the book and they did everything wrong. It was SO cliched.
 Nikita Pet Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/4/2007 6:16:43 PM reply with quote send message to Nikita Pet Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I think they should've extended the movie a bit..
perhaps like Lord Of The Rings or Harry Potter? It seemed to leave out some characteristics of the characters too..
maybe they'll come out with another movie, hopefully even betterr.

My friends dragged me to the theater with them and I wore bee antenna in protest. The guy who took my ticket stared at me weird. LOL.
hah i would have done the same thing. i saw the movie on netflix because i didnt think it was worth the ticket laugh :D

-jess
 a+Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
4/5/2007 5:41:28 AM reply with quote send message to a+Goldens Object to Post

Well I not read the books.But i
have seen the movie.I hope they
make a second one and a third.
Because the ending was not that great.

-a+Goldens
 On Deaths Edge
Basic User

Basic User
4/5/2007 7:14:11 AM reply with quote send message to On Deaths Edge Object to Post

The books were so much better. I hated the movie. Ill be truthful, my boyfriend and I went to see it, we walked out.. lol

Logie
 Havoc Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/5/2007 7:16:48 AM reply with quote send message to Havoc Kennels Object to Post

hi, can i talk hre?
 Doughnut Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
4/5/2007 11:41:36 AM reply with quote send message to Doughnut Dogs Object to Post

user wiped their message
 Dangerous Forest kennel
Basic User

Basic User
4/5/2007 2:03:48 PM reply with quote send message to Dangerous Forest kennel Object to Post

I LOVED THAT MOVIE!
 Brewer farm
Basic User

Basic User
4/8/2007 9:59:04 PM reply with quote send message to Brewer farm Object to Post

posted by Roaming Tazi Kennels
I've seen the movie and read the books.

THE MOVIE STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was SOOOO disappointed in it. I could name a million things they did wrong. The book was fantastic though, and I am a total fan!! First of all, Roran leaves because he has work to save money, as to propose to Katrina, and for other noble reasons. In fact, he occupies most of the second book in his adventures on his way to save her when she is betrayed by her father, and kidnapped by the Razak. In the Movie, he leaves because he is scared of being recruited for war, and leaves to hide. I think the movie would've been a huge hit if Peter Jackson did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Tazi

They only did that so they didnt have to pay the Author Royalties. Which I think is seriously stupid, but understandable.

Dianehappy :)
 copper454198
Basic User

Basic User
4/9/2007 2:50:54 PM reply with quote send message to copper454198 Object to Post

I saw the movie + both books. My fav. book is ELDEST.
 ninastar
Basic User

Basic User
12/14/2007 3:43:02 PM reply with quote send message to ninastar Object to Post

I like the movie and the books. They got a millon thinks wrong though in the movie.

Replies in this thread : 30
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.