Search

.com Forum · UK Forum

Replies in this thread : 20

Author Topic : fabulous willy wins crufts!
 angus my golden retriver
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/11/2007 4:19:48 PM reply with quote send message to angus my golden retriver Object to Post   

He was a beautiful dog! Has a tibetan terrier ever won crufts before? I wanted the flattie to win who did you want?

AMGR
 tomcat1
Basic User

Basic User
3/11/2007 4:23:19 PM reply with quote send message to tomcat1 Object to Post

Nope they haven't and I loved Willy. He was Fab and when he moved I loved the way he looked round as if to say "Are ya looking at me.. Did ya see me?"
 foxisle
Basic User

Basic User
3/11/2007 4:24:06 PM reply with quote send message to foxisle Object to Post

i loved the maltese(sp?)
 curlypup
Basic User

Basic User
3/11/2007 4:25:23 PM reply with quote send message to curlypup Object to Post

I wanted the flat coat 2 win , but the Tibetan Terrier had a lovely glossy coat and really 'showed off'

Just sad it's all over now sad :(
Can't wait for next year !!
 angus my golden retriver
Basic User

Basic User
3/11/2007 4:54:50 PM reply with quote send message to angus my golden retriver Object to Post

I'm gonna miss crufts but am happy that i'm training a tibetan terrier to show! I wonder if he's in her lines? I hopefully will be going for the full four days next year with my friend.

AMGR
 curlypup
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2007 2:17:53 PM reply with quote send message to curlypup Object to Post

Ohh that's exciting !! How did Angus get on ?
 foxisle
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2007 2:18:54 PM reply with quote send message to foxisle Object to Post

angus didnt gosad :(
i met up with amgr therelaugh :Dhappy :)
 curlypup
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2007 2:19:42 PM reply with quote send message to curlypup Object to Post

Ohh I thought he was going ?
 foxisle
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2007 2:20:28 PM reply with quote send message to foxisle Object to Post

ill mail u yhappy :)
 Frizzy Files
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2007 2:37:15 PM reply with quote send message to Frizzy Files Object to Post

Well, I had the Bloodhound for my BiS but Wily was my number 2 so I feel he deserveded to win.

I too am there all next year! WEE! I am excited already!

Nick
 curlypup
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2007 2:42:05 PM reply with quote send message to curlypup Object to Post

Did u get up there this year Nick ?
 foxisle
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2007 2:50:27 PM reply with quote send message to foxisle Object to Post

the blood hound was nice but the handler wasnt dressed good for a show like crufts
 Frizzy Files
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2007 5:14:39 PM reply with quote send message to Frizzy Files Object to Post

Yup! Went up on Saturday Afternoon and stayed overnight 800m from the NEC.

I went down for breakfast on Sunday morning only to discover Matt baker sitting on the table next to us with the white-haired judge/comentator! So, if it's good enough for TV Stars (hee hee) then it's good enough for me! (I must say, he had impeccable table manners!)

I headed over to the NEC about 9am and found a nice comfy seat in the front of the crested ring where I sat for 2 classes. Then we headed off to do some shopping: 2 Dogs Trust bags, a Dogs Trust rag toy for Macey, a Dogs Trust brolly for mum, a nice leather showlead for our future star, a not so nice one (prolly be used for training), 3 bottles of Urine-B-Gone and various leaflets on Pet Travel, cardboard whelping boxes, puppy play pens and the like. Then we headed over to Discover Dogs and saw a breed me and mum had always liked, Bracco Italiano. Got some info on that. Then round the corner to the Cockers. Saw Chris Pritchard on the stall, but it was packed so grabbed some leaflets and ran to Irish Water Spaniel. Had a sit down on the quiet stand and chatted with the owners and played with the most delightful IWS. Moved onto Scotties who weren't there. Then went to Cresteds @ Discover Dogs and picked up some info from a not so nice man.

Headed back over to Crsteds to watch BD, BB, BP and BoB. Then spoke to some breeders there. Got the number and info from Crested Rescue and Crested Club - so maybe will be getting one ( hopefully before end of year) I'd love to show one!

Then @ 3pm we set off for the long journey home. Walked to the hotel and picked up out suitcase (which weighed 35kg+ and I was the only one that could carry it!) and got a lift to the Station. Got on the coach due to Railworks and sat on it for 2 hours. Then got on a nice virgin train (better than my ONE tarins round here) and rocketed back to Euston. Then lugged the case around to the other side on London on the underground to Liverpool street and got on the train home.

An EXCELLENT weekend on the whole. Whole shabang next year! XP

Nick
 Frizzy Files
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2007 5:15:18 PM reply with quote send message to Frizzy Files Object to Post

posted by foxisle
the blood hound was nice but the handler wasnt dressed good for a show like crufts
She had just driven to and from Cornwall mind you! lol
 angus my golden retriver
Basic User

Basic User
3/15/2007 2:05:46 PM reply with quote send message to angus my golden retriver Object to Post

But it's crufts! You get a new suit to look smart she wasn't matching razz :p

AMGR
 Sundabish Too
Basic User

Basic User
3/18/2007 4:27:19 PM reply with quote send message to Sundabish Too Object to Post

i liked the malumute happy :)
 articblizzard
Basic User

Basic User
3/21/2007 6:59:31 AM reply with quote send message to articblizzard Object to Post

i agree i loved the malamute, i saw him win bob, he was fantastic, a little birdie told me before he went on he wasn't in the best of form and just wanted to lie down, it must be hard for the gundog and working pastoral winners, because its a long wait and the final show is so late for the dogs to perform, i no my boys would of just curled up at me feet at that stage!! happy :)
 bethhall2007
Basic User

Basic User
3/25/2007 6:22:16 AM reply with quote send message to bethhall2007 Object to Post

i loved the scotish deerhounds, unfortunatly my mum said we would end up with no room for us
 Smoofidoodle
Basic User

Basic User
3/25/2007 12:21:15 PM reply with quote send message to Smoofidoodle Object to Post

Hey peeps

In real life i own a tibetan terrier, and i recently found out that he is in the same bloodline as Willy!
They are both in the Araki bloodline, which is known for having many winners!
 cedarcreek
Basic User

Basic User
4/14/2007 5:42:30 PM reply with quote send message to cedarcreek Object to Post

I just found out today that Willie is also an american chiampion. It's funny that all the dogs I have seen win crufts are american champions. I wonder how they even qualified?
 angus my golden retriver
Basic User

Basic User
4/15/2007 3:19:46 PM reply with quote send message to angus my golden retriver Object to Post

I think at different shows there are chances to qualify for international shows.

AMGR

Replies in this thread : 20

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class