Search

.com Forum · Canadian Forum

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : OK what am i what is the difference
 GLIS143
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/25/2006 10:33:12 AM reply with quote send message to GLIS143 Object to Post   

okay my grand parents are from canada but the french speaking part so do i say im french or canadian my dad just says his french but i just say im canadian because so what if they speak french its canada you know so does anyone want to clerify this for me lol
 El Loco Lobos
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2006 6:28:34 PM reply with quote send message to El Loco Lobos Object to Post

Well you could always do what they do and call yourself French-Canadian.
 GLIS143
Basic User

Basic User
8/31/2006 4:07:01 PM reply with quote send message to GLIS143 Object to Post

ahah welll it gets confusing like im 20 % french and then 20% french candian and they people always goo "whats the differense so does that mean your 40% french aahaha"
 El Loco Lobos
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2006 12:50:05 PM reply with quote send message to El Loco Lobos Object to Post

I guess you just consider yourself lucky that you aren't like some people who have to say that they are, French, Italian, German, Cherokee, African/Americans. happy :)
 GLIS143
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2006 12:15:40 AM reply with quote send message to GLIS143 Object to Post

ahah omgosh ahah yea i gues i am lol im italian candian, french and indian

and ahah i hesitated when i wrote candian cause i was like what do i put ahahhaah
 Dog Freack Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/21/2006 8:40:49 AM reply with quote send message to Dog Freack Kennel Object to Post

I am Afracain/Candien my mom is Canadien and my dad is Afracain
 AshGrove
Basic User

Basic User
10/22/2006 12:20:44 PM reply with quote send message to AshGrove Object to Post

Ahhh. For me, I always refer to myself as Canadian. Born in Canada, hence Canadian. My parents were British and Irish, which makes me of British/Irish descent, but my designation is still Canadian happy :)
 Angeldog Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/24/2006 4:22:00 PM reply with quote send message to Angeldog Kennel Object to Post

if you're only concern is what to call yourself is that your family is from Quebec then you should call yourself canadian, even if you're from the french part of canada you're still canadian. are you a citizen of just canada, or france and canada. im a citizen of canada but im also a citizen of new zealand, but i've always just called myself canadian.
 MidnightStar Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/28/2006 2:42:21 PM reply with quote send message to MidnightStar Kennels Object to Post

LOL, I'm... like... Scottish, Norweigan, German, Irish, uhhhhh I forget all the rest... *typical American, LOL*... I have alot of Canadian relatives. laugh :D
 CaboodleIWS
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2006 12:19:09 AM reply with quote send message to CaboodleIWS Object to Post

I've always considered people from French-Speaking parts of Canada to be "French-Canadian"...

You aren't truly "French" as you don't live in France... and yes, you are Canadian, but from a French speaking province.

Caboodle

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.