Search

.com Forum · Finnish Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : look
 QueenLucy
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/28/2006 7:28:57 PM reply with quote send message to QueenLucy Object to Post   

Guess what!! A new site is in town! it is way better than here! it's called bsk! (black star kennels) here is the reasons why I go there!!
1.You can see your dog without being upgraded!
2.You can breed your dog more than once, i mean, c'mon. In real life, you don't have to pay $100 per month for a dog to breed.
3.people are more friendly there.
4.Better messaging system.
5.You can change your dog's name anytime (sounds little realistic, hey?)
6.Bsk seems more realistic though.
7.you can add alot of features to any texts, names, or dogs.
8.you can have banners even if you aren't upgraded.
9.They don't rip you off
10.Shows are open to anyone, and you can enter as you please.
11.the admins are more as friends than Hitlers on bsk.
12.bsk just seems like it is always getting new things, showdog.com seems like it is the same old, buy a dog, sell a dog.
13.you can give people freely, so it opens up businesses like contests, clubs, etc.

you can't go there now, because they are making it even more better than lame sites like this one. Again like I said to the admin, i hope that you go to www.design1online.com/blackstar to find the coolest site!!!!

REMEBER!!!!!!! www.design1online.com/blackstar

(you cant go there now, since it is under construction!)
 jollymolly
Basic User

Basic User
11/13/2006 12:05:39 PM reply with quote send message to jollymolly Object to Post

by the way i dont think u should try and make ppl go to another site. its not as gd as this one.
 Evening Star Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/13/2006 1:16:47 PM reply with quote send message to Evening Star Kennels Object to Post

posted by QueenLucy
Guess what!! A new site is in town! it is way better than here! it's called bsk! (black star kennels) here is the reasons why I go there!!
2.You can breed your dog more than once, i mean, c'mon. In real life, you don't have to pay $100 per month for a dog to breed.

First off, it's 5.00 a month, not $100 a month. Get your facts straight.

Any competitive game, has its good and bad players. To round it off like that is unjust.

We have email. We have instant messengers for those of us who become friends. We have the chat room...what more do we need?

No, actually it isn't more realistic. You can change your dogs call name on here, but not his registered name, just like you cannot change their names with AKC. Again, get your facts straight.

So far, nothing you have said sounds more realistic to me.

On dogs names that can be changed....gee...how do you keep track of each other?

Banners should come to those with higher accounts, that they wish to have them, great.

9.They don't rip you off

Jeff has NEVER ripped anyone off. He used to offer a money back policy...don't know if that's still in effect, and I know of no one that ever took him up on it.

And what's stopping you here? Nothing.

LOL I have spoken with Jeff several times on the phone. The last thing I would call him is Hitler.

12.bsk just seems like it is always getting new things, showdog.com seems like it is the same old, buy a dog, sell a dog.

And session a dog, and show a dog...yes...guess what? Thats what you do with REAL show dogs too!

13.you can give people freely, so it opens up businesses like contests, clubs, etc.

Sounds like a gimmick to me, nothing is ever "free".

you can't go there now, because they are making it even more better than lame sites like this one. Again like I said to the admin, i hope that you go to www.design1online.com/blackstar to find the coolest site!!!!

Jeff has spent a lot of time and effort on this site to make it pretty darn realistic. Think I will stick right here..thankyouverymuch. If you feel thats a better place...go there..and stay there!

So all that..for a site..that's under construction...wow...what do you do all day there? Sit and look at a server error message? Sounds as exciting as watching paint dry.

Mandy
 Evening Star Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/13/2006 1:18:08 PM reply with quote send message to Evening Star Kennels Object to Post

BTW..I just saw the size of the banners, not much, 1x 2 maybe? Big whoop...couldn't get much on there.

Mandy
 JoeNJackies
Basic User

Basic User
11/13/2006 1:38:47 PM reply with quote send message to JoeNJackies Object to Post

posted by QueenLucy

You see the same thing on here as you see when you become a premium. There is o "virtual dog" that you can pet and play with. It's simply a picture. As a premium, you just get to change that picture.

You can breed your dog here more than once. And c'mon you are right it doesnt cost $100 per month to breed. It can cost THOUSANDS in RL. Even so, on here you can breed withouth pay $100 if you use your own stud, AND it only costs $5 a month on SD to be able to breed more than once.

Posting things that bash a game, as you are right here with SD are not going to make people be nice to you, especially when they take this game very seriously.

SD is not meant to be a chat service. The messages here work just the same as email, and if you want to talk in real time, you can use the chat room. If no one is there that means nobody wants to talk anyway.

No, it doesn't sound realistic. When you register a dog in a kennel club, the registered name stays the same forever. You can change the call name though, but that's it. Oh hey, you can infinitely change the call name of a dog here on SD too...

If you want to have a realistic website where you show dogs, this is as realistic as you are going to have. If you want a realstic breed breed breed (puppy mill) website just for the fun of finding cute fluffy puppies home, then SD was never meant for you in the first place.

For someone who wants things "realistic" I don't know why this matters. Yout don't call a dog " 'heart' Bingo 'heart' "

A banner is just a pretty picture. It's not even important. REALISTICALLY, if you want a banner, which would then me an add in a magazine or the likes, you'd have to pay for that too.

9.They don't rip you off

Who's getting ripped off? I know I'm not. for $5 a month (less when you buy a yearly subscription) I could pay that with lunch money, assuming I was still in high school.

Uh yeah...you can do that here too. A show only wouldn't be open to you if its a specialty and you don't have the right breed. People make not like you for pointlessly entering shows with unsessioned, poor quality dogs, but that's what is "realistic" anyway.

hahaha Jeff as Hitler razz :p You won't find a more understanding administrator anywhere, especially without automated responses. Good luck.

Jeff constantly takes the suggestions of people who play this game. New things are added (5 new breeds were added, for example, not too long ago) Showing dogs has remained relatively the same over the years also.

There are plenty of clubs. There are banner contests. If you want a "contract" you talk to people you want to make a deal with. So what if there is no paper?

Half of the sites that are under construction remain under construction forever, never finishing.

You have fun with that and I'll stick to the "lame" and "unrealistic" showdog.com as will many other here I'm sure.

-Jackie
 JoeNJackies
Basic User

Basic User
11/13/2006 1:43:06 PM reply with quote send message to JoeNJackies Object to Post

hmm, just realized this was another post bumped up from the dark ages... sorry guys!
 Edelmaenner
Basic User

Basic User
11/17/2006 12:53:49 PM reply with quote send message to Edelmaenner Object to Post

posted by QueenLucy

You can do that here too. Except you can only breed once.

It is not $100! It is $5.00 american.

I have to disagree. I used to play on BSK and I left because of the rudeness and immaturity on it.

LOL!*Wont say what just popped into head*

NO! That is the registered name. Why would you change it if you had a kennel affiz anyway? It wouldonly make others feel like they bred the dog not you.

It is like a kid's game. SD is for mature people. BSK is not
Why should you have to? Plain is fine for me and easier to download.

True there. Yet I could not help but notice some people have copyrighted pics...
9.They don't rip you off

As I remember yes they do. They sell you something that takes a year. And Ive noticed it only lasts six months... Plus SD is very fair and organized.
10.Shows are open to anyone, and you can enter as you please.You can here too. Some just need invites.

Being Jewish myself I despise that comment. But Jeff is very nice. He has rules and expect them to be met.

That's cause the site is still new

NO COMMENT

I have questions. If this site is SOOOO lame, why do you play on it? Why do you post in the Finnish forum about this? Are you the admin to BSK?

BSK is essentially the same as SD. Except for a younger, immature crowd.

Edelmaenner
PS
I agree that this site sucks! After all I am upgrading...*snickers at sarcasm*
 Cleary Farm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/17/2006 1:12:43 PM reply with quote send message to Cleary Farm Kennels Object to Post

Well said guys....
Lauren

ps. why the Finnish forum?

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.