Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : BIS Winner gets no grand points?
 Wordsmith
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
5/16/2019 10:09:18 PM reply with quote send message to Wordsmith Object to Post   

HI there, Just wondering but is it a glitch if the BIS winner from the below show, gets no grand points?

Show Date: 5/16/2019
The 150,346th show sponsored on Showdog.com
Judge: Alice Wise

Entries: 458
119 users entered dogs in 68 different breeds.
Sponsor: Seaspray
Seaspray has sponsored 98 shows since 12/30/2015
Group Results: View All

Thanks,
Wordsmith
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
5/16/2019 10:27:19 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

Probably has something to do with your dog being the only toy poodle entered or something. I had the same thing with a Newfoundland I was showing about a month ago.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/17/2019 10:37:28 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Grand points are only won in breed competition I believe.

But CONGRATULATIONS!

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 5/17/2019 10:38:28 PM
 BarStar Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2019 3:30:38 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post

Yes, Grand Ch points are only given for BOB and BOS wins when the dog has defeated other dogs in the same breed.

Will

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.