Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 14

Author Topic : Overcharged
 Caryll
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/28/2019 12:52:24 PM reply with quote send message to Caryll Object to Post   

Has anyone ever had a problem with overcharging subscription fees?

I've been charged 4 times a month for several months for three kennels. Admin won't answer my messages, and yes, I know he is a busy man, but so am I!

I don't want to leave the game, but I'm owed at least $20, possibly more, but I haven't gone further back in my statements. It isn't a huge amount, I know, but it's mine!
 Silk N Denim Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/28/2019 12:56:15 PM reply with quote send message to Silk N Denim Terriers Object to Post

You might check your PayPal account to see if you accidentally ended up with duplicate subscriptions.
 Caryll
Basic User

Basic User
3/28/2019 2:39:58 PM reply with quote send message to Caryll Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

You're right - four payments are authorised. Three from 2016 & one from 2014.

Because they are such small amounts I hadn't noticed.

So I have overpaid approx. $148.

Just wish he would reply to my several messages.

-----
Last edited by Caryll on 3/28/2019 2:41:09 PM
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
3/28/2019 3:08:05 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

Wow. That really sucks. Last time I had an issue with a payment, I ended up having to go through Paypal because he would not answer. I had to do open a case or whatever through Paypal and they sided with me. If you need help, their customer service is pretty good if you call them over the phone.
 BeauBlanc
Basic User

Basic User
3/28/2019 3:25:35 PM reply with quote send message to BeauBlanc Object to Post

PayPal is usually very good at handling these things, Jeff almost certainly won’t. Definitely open a case with them.
 Rivacre Gundogs
Basic User

Basic User
3/29/2019 6:10:29 AM reply with quote send message to Rivacre Gundogs Object to Post

This happened to me, when I got frustrated he blamed me and said it was my fault. Honestly it is a disgrace to ignore players that he owns money to. Raise a dispute through PayPal to get your money back.
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
3/30/2019 7:59:59 AM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

Just out of curiosity, did you get your money back? If not, have you set up a dispute through PayPal? I know when I had to, it was a little difficult.
If you need any help, here is PayPal's phone number:
1 (888) 221-1161
Here is an article on how to set up a dispute:
https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/customer-disputes-claims-chargebacks-bank-reversals
I think the below part, copied from their website, should help you the most. I hope you get your money back, Caryll.

What is a chargeback?
A chargeback is when a buyer asks their credit or debit card issuer to reverse a transaction after it’s been completed. They are available only to buyers who make a payment with their credit or debit card. Because they are initiated with and decided by the debit/credit card issuer (not PayPal), the process is bound by the card issuer’s regulations and time frame.

Why might a chargeback occur?
Buyers usually request a chargeback for the following reasons:
Their credit card was used without their permission to purchase an item fraudulently.
The buyer does not recognize the charge.
The item that was purchased didn’t arrive.
The item received was significantly different than described.
The buyer was charged twice for the same item.
How will I know that a chargeback has been filed against me?
When PayPal is notified of the chargeback, we’ll send you an email to let you know about it. A case will also be generated in the Resolution Center at this time.

How can I respond to a chargeback?
To respond to a notice or check the status of a chargeback:
Go to the Resolution Center.
Click Respond in the Action column next to your claim.
Select how you would like to respond and click Continue.
 Rivacre Gundogs
Basic User

Basic User
3/30/2019 5:57:40 PM reply with quote send message to Rivacre Gundogs Object to Post

He got back to me eventually and refunded me, whilst blaming me for being overcharged. Seems to be a bigger issue than just my problem!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/30/2019 9:58:36 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Well, not make excuses for not replying in a timely manner but I suspect this problem is mostly due to "subscribing" errors, perhaps when the system is a bit slow in responding or just plain user error.

So, to be fair it's not really Admin's error.

Perhaps there is a way catch a duplicates but I'm not sure. I do not think there would a direct link between the ShowWhatever site and PayPal - it's a complex system to make it more secure - you pay PayPal and PayPal pays Jeff.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 3/30/2019 10:33:51 PM
 Caryll
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2019 5:54:06 AM reply with quote send message to Caryll Object to Post

Whilst part of the error is mine for not spotting it sooner (but who really notices how many $4.95 PayPal go out, especially when I know that 3 are due anyway), there is no excuse for ignoring my messages.

I'll set up a dispute, but I won't hold my breath!
 Caryll
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2019 6:20:25 AM reply with quote send message to Caryll Object to Post

Thanks everyone.
I have started a dispute through PayPal. I doubt I'll get all the money back, but still - some will be something!
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2019 1:14:01 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

Good luck, Caryll! I know mine went well and I got my money back. Hopefully your's goes well.
 Caryll
Basic User

Basic User
4/8/2019 3:29:35 AM reply with quote send message to Caryll Object to Post

I've been offered a refund of all payments since January 1st, but that'll only be $59.40.

Not good enough - I want the full amount of $148
 Caryll
Basic User

Basic User
4/8/2019 3:30:14 AM reply with quote send message to Caryll Object to Post

...and that was offered on 31st March - no refund given as yet!
 Caryll
Basic User

Basic User
4/10/2019 6:28:58 AM reply with quote send message to Caryll Object to Post

I've been refunded about $40. I've got to give payment schedule reference numbers for the rest.

Jeff's told me that he wants me to leave the game as I've caused him too many problems!

I suppose he'd prefer me to say "Oh, hey $148 is nothing - I won't bother asking for it back!"

Well, it IS something to me - I'm not rich. But I do enjoy the game.

Never mind. I'm paid up till the end of the month & I'll see how it goes from there.

Replies in this thread : 14

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.