Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : WHIPPET COLORS
 Didos
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/7/2019 12:11:32 PM reply with quote send message to Didos Object to Post   

CAN ANY ONE EXPLAIN TO ME THE COLOR GENES CHART IM A LITTLE FIMILUAR WITH IT BUT NEED REFRESHING LIKE AT THE TOP OF THE CHART ARE USUALY 2 OR 4 CAPITAL LETTERS FOR WHIPPETS THERES 4 FOR WHIPPETS WHAT IS THAT

Basic User

Basic User
3/8/2019 12:24:36 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

The C series determines depth of red/yellow pigment. The Whippet chart appears to recognize 2 alleles. C will be deepest colour and is dominant to Cch which produces the paler cream colour.

D is the black/brown dilution gene. D is dominant to d. D gives black, d/d fades black to blue. It may also affect red pigment fading it also. (Note each breed in SD determined their own interpretation so this varies with the breed.) d/d in Whippets may be giving the fawn but I'm not sure.

K determines pattern - brindle, sable in Whippets it appears.

S represents white spotting. The dominant S would have no white, si is "Irish Spotting" - white toes, chest, collar, facial blaze - any or all, its quite variable. sp is particolour - white with patches of colour. sw is the lowest member. sw/sw produces a white dog - an extreme parti colour.

Hope that helps. Each breed requires detailed study to figure out the individual interpretation made.
 DxIII
Basic User

Basic User
3/13/2019 12:01:27 AM reply with quote send message to DxIII Object to Post

well thank you for all that trouble I wished it was a little more simpler thanks again
 DxIII
Basic User

Basic User
3/13/2019 12:01:34 AM reply with quote send message to DxIII Object to Post

well thank you for all that trouble I wished it was a little more simpler thanks again

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class