Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : conundrum
 bloodbear
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
11/8/2018 7:11:14 AM reply with quote send message to bloodbear Object to Post   

I've been thinking of getting rid at least one of my premium accounts for a while now but latelty I've noticed quite the conundrum which has caused me to want to quit in my other kennel. I started playing in a breed that looked like it needed a lot of help, and then later helped a player get back on their feet. This player is now making it super impossible to get good handlers and I haven't been able to finish any of my good dogs. It makes me not want to put studs up for cheap because theyre using my studs too and then hogging all of the handlers (3 to 4 adults per sex, with handlers). I dont wanna revert to stacking my dogs just to get points. I have tried that though and if I leave a good handler to be chosen in that show they take it and usually win. Sadly I guess I don't have as much of an unction to just ask them not to do that but as I've heard time and time again, a player can't tell another player how to play/players can play however they want. I'm beginning to think this is just cause and effect of the game and possibly a fault in the gameplay itself. So now I'm backing out of showing for a while, it's just so discouraging. My dogs are of equal quality to everyone else, it's not like I'm showing source quality. Oh well thanks for reading my rant
 Bailey Barns
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/8/2018 10:49:09 AM reply with quote send message to Bailey Barns Object to Post

Go for handler free shows instead? That's what I did in my breed where stacking and handlers are a problem. I raised my stud fees to match theirs too.
 bloodbear
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/9/2018 6:50:32 PM reply with quote send message to bloodbear Object to Post

I wish that was a better option but it rarely works out for getting majors. Thanks thoug

gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/10/2018 12:10:40 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I'm sorry that you are having a bad experience but handlers are not the whole deal in my experience.

I second the suggestion to try concentrating on the owner-judge shows.

Also try to recruit more folks to the breed to make those majors.

Make a no-handler specialty if you can - they're usually good for major if there are enough dogs being shown in the breed.

Join one of my breeds! I fill shows without handlers even with handler judges because I have too many kennels (and stables) and not enough time to do entries and then pick handlers for them all. (Note, however that sometimes I go back a day or two later and put handlers on, partly because I might be looking for group and show wins - and a good handler is usually required in that case.) My studs are all available, reasonably cheap, no approval. I session my sales pups if I can and just do the quick list and they are all on good food from birth. My proteges are always beating me - lol.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class