Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : SD Chronicle - NOVEMBER 2018
 rhondacline
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/2/2018 10:03:05 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Unfortunately I am having trouble with the file uploading and converting to the regular Anyflip Host. I've submitted a support ticket and hopefully it will be up sometime tomorrow.

Until then - here's the PDF version

https://tinyurl.com/y9u82xbv

it doesn't have the nice magazine flipping pages, you have to scroll down to view the pages and there's no two page spreads - but I suppose it will have to do until I can get the anyflip to accept the file.

-----
Last edited by rhondacline on 11/2/2018 10:17:09 PM
 AbleBaker
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2018 2:25:46 PM reply with quote send message to AbleBaker Object to Post

Wow Rhonda - that's wonderful.
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2018 2:40:09 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

It’s fantastic thank you
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/3/2018 6:14:53 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Thank you! Always nice to see your bred by dogs in a top twenty list happy :)
 GaylanStudio6
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/3/2018 11:16:53 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio6 Object to Post

Nice job as usual.

And I don't mind the PDF - bigger print, easier to read.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2018 7:30:35 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

The other nice thing, If I'm not mistaken - I think you can download a copy of the PDF to your drive - so if you wanted to keep a copy of issue - you can.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/4/2018 11:56:24 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

Downloadable probably true.
Edit 1:
Well, maybe not. I just tried and it seems to have crashed my Firefox, but I'll give it another go - maybe I messed up - lol.

Edit 2:
Nope. Crashed it again. I think maybe it's the googleDocs that won't let me save a copy of the file although I think I can save the link but I think I've always been able to do that. It just freezes everything and goes to "not responding".

I think the flip thing is kinda fun in a way but the PDF is also kinda handy too. Can you make both available without too much effort?

I wonder - there is a "SD Fever" forum from an earlier attempt at this same idea. (It's a lot of work to maintain over time - as Rhonda no doubt has discovered.) I'm not sure what's involved in setting up a new forum but perhaps we could get Jeff to set one up for the Chronicle to post the links, and perhaps abstain from posting comments there. It could become sort of a archive. Or perhaps just post the links to the old "Fever" forum - just a thought - to keep them all together.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 11/4/2018 12:39:42 PM
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2018 1:42:38 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

Yes, the file starts in MS Publisher as a .pub file - I print it to .pdf and then upload the pdf file to the Anyflip site where it is converted to the flip book.

I still can't get this month's to convert. So we may only have the pdf version this month.

If anyone is interested in a pdf copy of any of the issues - just send me an email a rhonda6425@gmail.com telling me which issues you want a copy of and I can email them to you.
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
11/5/2018 12:05:10 PM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

I love love love the ad for my boy! Thank you happy :) he just managed his Silver GCh and retires tomorrow!
 Kaze Arashi
Basic User

Basic User
11/5/2018 6:24:37 PM reply with quote send message to Kaze Arashi Object to Post

I loved seeing my special boy Silver Streaks ad, He will be retiring soon
 Calming Waters
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/10/2018 11:36:06 AM reply with quote send message to Calming Waters Object to Post

If you’re looking for suggestions/easier view options you can try publishing to ISSUU. I do a few small club publications and that’s easy to use and easy to “download.”

*not advertising for anything just trying to help.

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.