Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Dogs counting for limits
 Vedas Patch
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/30/2018 8:24:27 AM reply with quote send message to Vedas Patch Object to Post   

Do altered dogs count against limits in a basic kennel?
 Bailey Barns
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/30/2018 11:30:11 AM reply with quote send message to Bailey Barns Object to Post

showdog.com/help/topic.aspx?id=46

Altered dogs are the dogs on the retirement couch.
 Vedas Patch
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2018 2:02:57 PM reply with quote send message to Vedas Patch Object to Post

That's weird because if I go to my account page, it says I have 4 dogs towards my limit (with 5 in my kennel) so I was just curious because I thought they did count against a basic's limit.
 HSKennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2018 2:56:15 PM reply with quote send message to HSKennel Object to Post

you only have 1 that is on couch.
 Vedas Patch
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2018 3:40:10 PM reply with quote send message to Vedas Patch Object to Post

Right, but my account page says I only have 4 dogs in my kennel counting towards my limit, but if you count the Couched dog, I do have 5. Just trying to figure out if he is counting towards my limit or not.
 HSKennel2
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2018 4:33:38 PM reply with quote send message to HSKennel2 Object to Post

No he's not happy :)
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2018 12:10:45 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Hmm, that's interesting. I always thought "couched" dogs counted for Basics and the rules (under Help) seem to support that.

If your account is only showing as 4 then perhaps the rule got changed somewhere along the way but the documentation was not updated. I don't see the retired dogs as a problem with Basics so I'm ok with it. (It would nice if the rules on that were updated or clarified.)
 Vedas Patch
Basic User

Basic User
11/2/2018 7:24:42 PM reply with quote send message to Vedas Patch Object to Post

I'd like this to be true because I don't want to loose a dog I worked on hard on, but he wasn't selling and I didn't want to FH him. So it'd be nice if there was actual allowance for retired dogs in basic kennels.

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.