Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Dogs counting for limits
 Vedas Patch
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/30/2018 8:24:27 AM reply with quote send message to Vedas Patch Object to Post   

Do altered dogs count against limits in a basic kennel?
 Bailey Barns
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/30/2018 11:30:11 AM reply with quote send message to Bailey Barns Object to Post

showdog.com/help/topic.aspx?id=46

Altered dogs are the dogs on the retirement couch.
 Vedas Patch
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2018 2:02:57 PM reply with quote send message to Vedas Patch Object to Post

That's weird because if I go to my account page, it says I have 4 dogs towards my limit (with 5 in my kennel) so I was just curious because I thought they did count against a basic's limit.
 HSKennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2018 2:56:15 PM reply with quote send message to HSKennel Object to Post

you only have 1 that is on couch.
 Vedas Patch
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2018 3:40:10 PM reply with quote send message to Vedas Patch Object to Post

Right, but my account page says I only have 4 dogs in my kennel counting towards my limit, but if you count the Couched dog, I do have 5. Just trying to figure out if he is counting towards my limit or not.
 HSKennel2
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2018 4:33:38 PM reply with quote send message to HSKennel2 Object to Post

No he's not happy :)
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2018 12:10:45 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Hmm, that's interesting. I always thought "couched" dogs counted for Basics and the rules (under Help) seem to support that.

If your account is only showing as 4 then perhaps the rule got changed somewhere along the way but the documentation was not updated. I don't see the retired dogs as a problem with Basics so I'm ok with it. (It would nice if the rules on that were updated or clarified.)
 Vedas Patch
Basic User

Basic User
11/2/2018 7:24:42 PM reply with quote send message to Vedas Patch Object to Post

I'd like this to be true because I don't want to loose a dog I worked on hard on, but he wasn't selling and I didn't want to FH him. So it'd be nice if there was actual allowance for retired dogs in basic kennels.

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.