Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 12

Author Topic : 29 OCT - SD Performance Dog Trial ENTRY and Request for Suggestions
 rhondacline
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/26/2018 9:11:56 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Now accepting entries for the 1 NOVEMBER SD Performance Dog Trial

*dogs can be registered at www.sdperformancedogs.com
You can enter the trial prior to registration, just use PENDING as the ID #

LINK TO ENTRY FORM
https://goo.gl/forms/RyYpWZBZrKfo60vE3

VIEW ENTRIES
https://tinyurl.com/y9xcj43c

Entries will be accepted through 11:59 PM EST on NOV 1st

I would love to hear your thoughts on how to get more players interested in playing along?

If you haven't entered a trial previously - why not? What can we do to encourage you to enter? ....

If you entered previously, but then didn't enter again - why not? What can we do to encourage you to enter again?

The only idea I had that I thought might make a difference was to have a Titleholder Post here on the forum where we would have a post/reply for each sport - that would at least give us a "log" attached to the game with titleholders.

I'd love to hear any thoughts/ideas/suggestions - I very much enjoy the idea/ability to compete in other sports here on SD - but in order to make the system work we need participation.

Edited to change entry close date to Nov 1st (11:59 PM EST)

-----
Last edited by rhondacline on 10/29/2018 9:23:22 PM
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2018 2:32:34 PM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

I'm enjoying it, I missed last time just due to being busy with life.

I do find it's hard to keep track of which titles or legs my dogs have achieved and which classes to enter them into. That being said it could just be me and my super busy RL getting in the way lately that I don't have time to properly keep track.
I try to keep track of it in the individual dogs notes but I fall behind and then it's hard to find the info again.

All in all though I think you're doing a wonderful job with it all and I definitely appreciate having another aspect to the game.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2018 1:28:59 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

I have the same issue with remembering who's doing what -
I ended up using some index cards

So I have an index card with the dogs name - his SDPD # - the events he/she competes in with a little ______ ______ ______ for each leg required for the title.
That way I can put the date/score for each leg as its achieved.

If you need to look something up - here's how I'm recording everything.

You can look at the last Trial info to see class info / what you entered last time etc

If you go to SDPerformanceDogs.weebly.com and then go to the events page there is a link to the Files for each sport - I track qualifing legs there plus titles.

Also, if a title is earned the date is listed on the SD Performance Dog REGISTRY list also
- So on that sheet you'll see all titles earned for the dog.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
10/29/2018 9:22:25 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

Entries will remain open until 11:59 PM - NOV 1

since I'll be tied up with getting the Chronicle out, there's no reason to close entries until the 1st

rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
10/31/2018 8:21:14 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

Bumping this -

Entries remain open through the 1st
 Sweetbrier
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/2/2018 7:41:25 AM reply with quote send message to Sweetbrier Object to Post

Where are results posted? Do you have a link? Could not find bulletin board.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
11/2/2018 9:32:16 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

I have to judge the events before there are any results to view.

It usually takes a few days for judging.

I will also continue to hold the entries open through today (Nov 3) - I have more dogs I'd like to enter, but haven't had a chance while I was working on the Chronicle.

-----
Last edited by rhondacline on 11/3/2018 10:07:40 AM
 LeBleu
Basic User

Basic User
11/11/2018 2:45:16 PM reply with quote send message to LeBleu Object to Post

I've decided to go ahead and cancel the Performance Trials for the time being.

Between work, the holidays, the chronicle and life - there's just not enough time.

If there is interest, I would like to start it up again after the first of the year.

Ooops
This is Rhonda - Just logged in from one of my other kennels.

-----
Last edited by LeBleu on 11/11/2018 2:46:23 PM
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
4/15/2019 10:04:45 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

Bumping this topic to see if there is any interest in running the Performance Events again.
Like before - the events/results/titles are NOT part of Showdog - although we could have a topic on the BB where we list all title holders.

Anyhow...
if you weren't here before - for a while last year we offered performance events that you could enter. Judging was based on real life/assigned traits and randomization.

Here's some of the titles you can earn
https://sdperformancedogs.weebly.com/sports--titles.html

so... if there's interest or suggestions .... post below
If we have enough interest we'll start it up again.

rhonda
 Silk N Denim Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/15/2019 11:29:35 AM reply with quote send message to Silk N Denim Terriers Object to Post

I'd be interested in many of the events with several of my breeds in various kennels.
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
4/15/2019 6:38:51 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

I'd love to compete, Rhonda. I'm having troubles understanding how one would get titles though. I am having a real hard learning curve on this.
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
4/15/2019 7:00:42 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

posted by Emily.Rose
I'd love to compete, Rhonda. I'm having troubles understanding how one would get titles though. I am having a real hard learning curve on this.
Let me clarify. I guess I understand that I "register" my dogs with you and you assign them new stats? Then how would I increase their stats? I'm just very lost. I think it is a great idea though.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
4/15/2019 7:03:42 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

The thing to remember - is the "performance events and titles" are NOT part of SD. So no title will show up on the dog's name or pedigree. You can add a note in the Call Name Field of you choose to and all titled dogs are listed on the Performance Dog site. (additionally I was thinking we might add a Bulletin Board topic that tracks the titles - that way there is a record on SD)

As a competitor - you would just enter your dog - into your event/s of interest.
Your dog will be judged and scored based on the assigned performance traits - and you just compete until you have reached your goals.

Events/Titles are based on the AKC system.

Performance Stats increase through competition. So each time your dog competes in a performance event certain traits increase.

-----
Last edited by rhondacline on 4/15/2019 7:05:39 PM

Replies in this thread : 12

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.