Search

.com Forum · American Cocker Spaniel

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Breed Scale of Points for ACS
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
10/2/2018 10:45:46 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I have questions.

Where does the Breed Scale of Points come from?
I’m looking at the ACS and Coat is considered a 10 in importance where the FQ(fronts) and HQ(croups) have an importance of only 5.

So, a dog with a low FQ and high HQ but a great coat can get majors over a dog with a good front and croup.
In reality, a dog with no front and a high croup doesn’t move as well.

Head should be brought down to 10 and TNB to a 10 so FQ and HQ can both be 10’s.

Anyways, I’m just wondering.
Carol
Edited for typos

-----
Last edited by Clwyd Cockers on 10/2/2018 10:46:31 AM
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
10/2/2018 11:22:56 AM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

as far as I know all the breed SOP scales were decided on by whoever was involved in the breeds at the very beginning, they were supposed to be based on the AKC breed standards. I think Jeff did alot of it but then had input from users involved with those breeds also.

I know a group of us tried to have the boxer one adjusted years ago because it also makes no sense to anyone involved in the breed in real life. But then another group of players got mad because they thought boxers would take away BIS wins from their breed if we changed it to better reflect reality. Either way I believe at that time Jeff decided that there would be no changes made to any of them ever.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/2/2018 12:27:53 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Unrelated, but in another Toy breed I am in, bitches typically have 6+ puppies in one litter which is especially rare when the typical litter size is 2-3 just like Toy Poodles. It always struck me as odd and I think it should be changed as well.
 Foxley Cockers
Basic User

Basic User
10/2/2018 10:04:07 PM reply with quote send message to Foxley Cockers Object to Post

Maybe we can petition to change our scale of points.
 willow wood
Basic User

Basic User
10/2/2018 10:16:01 PM reply with quote send message to willow wood Object to Post

I have a few 4 HQ in my kennels. This dog is pretty nice.

showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16419127
 Foxley Cockers
Basic User

Basic User
10/2/2018 10:19:25 PM reply with quote send message to Foxley Cockers Object to Post

This old guy is a sire of a 3 HQ

showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16326173
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/5/2018 10:08:04 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I would support a re-evaluation of those point scales.

My first question is why it needs to be 5,10,15,20.

There might be a reason hidden in the code and I'd accept that - I wouldn't to create a chain reaction meltdown (lol).

Standards change over time and interpretations even faster . . .
 Foxley Cockers
Basic User

Basic User
10/7/2018 10:10:58 AM reply with quote send message to Foxley Cockers Object to Post

Any news yet?

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.