Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : SD Performance Dogs - Advanced Obedience Titles
 rhondacline
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/11/2018 11:26:46 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post   

While working on the Agility program I found that there are a number of "Versatility" titles for dogs that title in Agility, Obedience and Tracking. We will be offering these titles.

Since we will use the existing SD Obedience system/titles for those SDPD titles - I also thought it would be nice to take it a step further and offer/record a few of the higher level Obedience titles that are not offered through SD. These titles are -

Obedience Master (which has 9 levels),
Obedience Grand Master (when you hit the 10th level)
and the
Obedience Trial Champion

These titles are achieved by accumulating OM points or Obedience Trial points from the Utility B class after your dog has completed their UD title.

You can view the requirements for each title (and how to get your dog recorded as a title holder) on the SD Performance Dogs Obedience page

https://sdperformancedogs.weebly.com/obedience.html

I'm sure there are a number of Obedience dogs that have already met the requirements - they just need to be calculated, submitted and recorded.

*and if you haven't already .... we invite you to visit the SD Performance Dog website to register your SD dog. Then find our current Trial post and follow the link to enter this weeks trial - We will have CGC and CGCA testing - plus Novice Agility and Jumpers with Weaves.

according to the poll - it looks like next week we will be adding Rally to the line up.
 Gracefield
Basic User

Basic User
9/12/2018 6:54:34 AM reply with quote send message to Gracefield Object to Post

If your dog earns a title, how does it get added to their name?
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
9/12/2018 8:19:29 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

Since this "program" is player run and not actually part of the game it's not possible to have the title added to the dog's name in the game other than adding it in the "Call Name" field (that's the only place you can add a comment that can be seen by other players.)

You could list your title holders on your kennel page...

But other than that, the dogs will be listed as a title holder on the SD Performance Dogs records

from www.sdperformancedogs.weebly.com - there is (or will be) a link from each sport to the spreadsheet that includes info on that sport including titles available, title requirements and title earners.

Each month's title winners will be in the SD Chronicle and I can also post them on the SD Chronicle Facebook page....

the only other thing I could do to "tie" the record to the game would be to have a post here on the Bulletin Board that lists the title holders.

Gracefield
Basic User

Basic User
9/12/2018 9:35:26 AM reply with quote send message to Gracefield Object to Post

Gotcha

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing