Search

.com Forum · Dachshund

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Dachshund Kennel Updates
 Amoroso
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/10/2018 7:56:12 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post   

Hi all! I'll see how this goes, but when I played more often back in 2012-about 2017, having a running kennel update page was helpful for breeders to share their accomplishments and also just to update everyone else on projects, etc! Feel free to share yours, and that way we can all help each other towards reaching our goals happy :)

So, what is your kennel's top SOP? Do you have any special projects (either trait or color that you're working on?)

For me...

My top SOP (born today from my second litter back! I have no idea how he matches up with others lol): showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16506235

My goals: to work on cohesively bringing back a competitive bloodline first, and also rekindling the SH/LH lines up to hopefully competitive show SOP. I did this years ago, and Alexandria (Lace Dreams, no longer playing) and I almost did it! I championed two LHs, but after a lot of effort. I tried to reclaim a girl that was near SOP, but she sadly died while pregnant a few days ago sad :( So, I guess it's starting almost from scratch in the 30 SOPs!

Em
 LeJardin
Basic User

Basic User
9/11/2018 8:16:08 PM reply with quote send message to LeJardin Object to Post

I have a couple of little color projects - in the beginning stages so SOPs are sooooo low.

Goals are Black and Tan/Cream Smooths
and Cream (and some Reds) long haired.

I need to go through my litters from the other day - I'm sure I have some puppies to FH - or I can put them up for sale if any one is interested in those genes and not concerned with SOP
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/11/2018 10:35:28 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

I just went ahead and bought a couple. The more color and coat variety, the better! Hopefully we can eventually bring them up to wire SOP happy :)

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.