Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : idea
 jackwack
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/3/2018 3:32:15 AM reply with quote send message to jackwack Object to Post   

how bout there be option for members to be come judge (have to do a little exam on each group to get that group. think it would make it much more interesting
 Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/3/2018 7:56:40 AM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post

I don't the game's mechanics would allow for it. Personally, I like the non-player judge's system as players could be biased.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/3/2018 8:14:19 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Yes, there would be nothing to stop me from choosing my own dogs as winners.

Just like there we can no longer choose judges, this sadly would not work due to abuse of a feature.
 Mijas
Basic User

Basic User
8/3/2018 3:21:48 PM reply with quote send message to Mijas Object to Post

Might Be cool if we could become handlers though happy :)
 Rossett Spaniels
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/3/2018 3:32:19 PM reply with quote send message to Rossett Spaniels Object to Post

Sorry, I don’t think this is a goid idea, plus, this is a virtual game. Members are not virtual.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/3/2018 7:49:36 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

It could be done as a little side game - just like the ones posted in the Off-Topic Forum, but a bit more On-Topic.

Entries would not be identified. Only the breed sex age and the trait chart would be posted, and maybe the colour(some judges might have a colour preference/prejudice) and/or you could include the disqualified colours.

Limit it to say 3 or 4 entries per class and set it up as a poll.

Alternatively, have a three? judge panel.

If you use dogs that are entered in an actual show, say on the day following the closing of the poll, you could see who judges closest to the actual judge.

We would of course, not have access to the hypothetical "decimals". It would take a little work but could be fun - and interesting.

Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/4/2018 7:51:43 AM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post

posted by Mijas
You can, just don't pick a handler for shows
 Mijas
Basic User

Basic User
8/4/2018 8:54:29 AM reply with quote send message to Mijas Object to Post

posted by Hawkeye Kennel
posted by Mijas
You can, just don't pick a handler for shows

happy :) I know that.
I meant, if we could handle other players dogs, and work our way up the handlers list based on wins. And maybe even get paid for handling other players dogs?
 jackwack
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2018 7:48:32 AM reply with quote send message to jackwack Object to Post

i ment that become judges but you cant enter your dogs where you judge (so you cant show that day)
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/5/2018 8:39:44 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

posted by jackwack
i ment that become judges but you cant enter your dogs where you judge (so you cant show that day)
The problem is that many users, myself included, have several kennels so it would be difficult to be unbiased.

Replies in this thread : 9

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.