Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Group category
 Gracefield
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/7/2018 8:02:40 AM reply with quote send message to Gracefield Object to Post   

So, I don't think that it's a really big problem, but someone might. I noticed that one of my breeds is in a different group category than what the AKC has it placed in. How are the categories divided? Just out of curiousity. Like I said, it doesn't matter to me either way.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/7/2018 12:26:15 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

What breed?

It may have been added to SD before the AKC recognized it so they chose the closest group per other international KCs.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/7/2018 12:33:48 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

SD is based on a loose mixture of FCI, UKC, and AKC.

So somethings maybe slightly altered based on which canine organization you are used to.

Will
 Gracefield
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2018 9:40:15 PM reply with quote send message to Gracefield Object to Post

Spanish Water Dogs are in the herding group in the AKC, which I was surprised to find out, I thought they would be in the Sporting group, which they are in SD. But they were only recognized by the AKC starting in 2015.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.