Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Kennel Slots
 Foxfire Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/26/2018 11:28:02 AM reply with quote send message to Foxfire Kennel Object to Post   

How many extra dogs can you have when adding a kennel slot? Is it 1 dog per slot?
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/26/2018 12:04:43 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

It's 1 dog per slot - $5/dog, $25 gets you 5 extra dogs for a total of 35 instead of 30.
 Diasonia
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2018 2:14:32 PM reply with quote send message to Diasonia Object to Post

I had the same question, thank you for asking and holy, it's expensive.
 Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2018 2:57:21 PM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

A family account is only 20.00 And you get 5 kennels- 30 dogs per kennel....Go Figure....
 Foxfire Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2018 3:36:16 PM reply with quote send message to Foxfire Kennel Object to Post

Oh wow thats expensive for just 1-5 extra dogs! I guess I'll keep my 30 dog limit :'(

Basic User

Basic User
6/27/2018 10:48:04 AM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Yep, it is expensive but you have to consider that it's $5 once and the expansion is permanent as long as the kennel stays subscribed. Plus it is reinstated if you have gone Basic and re-subscribe.

Now, that said, my thoughts have always been, give me an extra 5 and I'll fill it up and still be chronically over limit at 35 instead of 30. I need the extra room periodically when I have several litters hit 14 days at the same time that I want to show, but I can't. I might have an older dog just a few points short of a title but it's run out of entered shows and I can't enter anymore. (I'd like to see the show entries excluded from the over limit restrictions myself but have been criticized for asking. Entering shows has little to do with population, in my opinion but "whatever" . . .)

A better solution in my view - Let me buy an extra 5 or even 10 (or more) spots at $1 each good for 30 days. (Think of it as boarding my overflow with someone for a few days.) It can be renewable for another 30 days if needed. It buys me time to deal with the issue because sometimes I just don't have time or motivation. This would actually generate more revenue for Admin over time I believe.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/27/2018 11:00:03 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Or perhaps better yet, let me buy a waiver that allows me to to continue showing but still prevents breeding/buying. It stops continued growth but allows legitimately acquired dogs to show.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.