Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 15

Author Topic : Difficulties selling sessions and switching kennels?
 Purrs_Port
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/13/2018 1:26:27 PM reply with quote send message to Purrs_Port Object to Post   

I am also Guiding Senjis. When I log on I am initially on GS which is fine but have been having great difficulty selling my unused sessions, and switching to this kennel. Once here I sometimes also have issues.
 Diasonia
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2018 2:03:08 PM reply with quote send message to Diasonia Object to Post

Not at all, both have been working fine all day for me.
 Spindrift
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/13/2018 2:11:19 PM reply with quote send message to Spindrift Object to Post

I’m not having any trouble with mine either.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/13/2018 3:32:56 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

I have been having this issue since May.

showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=862552

I sell my sessions on my smartphone and I have to log out and log back in several times to flip kennels.
 Linton Farms
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2018 4:35:53 PM reply with quote send message to Linton Farms Object to Post

I don't have this problem but I tend to access the site from a laptop rather than a mobile device.
Have you tried using the desktop site rather than the mobile version - I have similar odd issues with other websites on my mobile.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/13/2018 4:55:21 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Linton Farms
I don't have this problem but I tend to access the site from a laptop rather than a mobile device.
Have you tried using the desktop site rather than the mobile version - I have similar odd issues with other websites on my mobile.

Please reread my post.

I am unable to sell my sessions on my desktop. Therefore, I have to use my smartphone to do so.

Eta Since May 22nd, this is how this website has been operating for me. It's not a huge issue but clearly now only two of us have this problem.

-----
Last edited by Comet Poodles on 6/13/2018 4:56:34 PM
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/13/2018 6:41:45 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

If anyone was curious, this is what the following page looks like for me after I hit 'sell sessions':

sorry about all the edits, I clearly dont know how to copy and paste

-----
Last edited by Comet Poodles on 6/13/2018 6:44:15 PM
 Las Vegas Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/13/2018 10:18:37 PM reply with quote send message to Las Vegas Kennels Object to Post

I get the same error every time in all my kennels.
 Guiding Senjis
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/14/2018 12:10:53 AM reply with quote send message to Guiding Senjis Object to Post

I don’t get error message just the little square for showing number of sessions or my other kennel is purple highlight and won’t drop down. And yes it’s been for months,
 Zollhaus
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2018 8:55:37 AM reply with quote send message to Zollhaus Object to Post

I've been getting the error message when selling sessions for the last few days in some kennels but not all. I find it's worse if I'm selling a large number at once, if I break it down into smaller numbers - say less than 10 at a time it lets me sell them.
 Linton Farms
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2018 10:37:40 AM reply with quote send message to Linton Farms Object to Post

posted by Comet Poodles
posted by Linton Farms

Please reread my post.

I am unable to sell my sessions on my desktop. Therefore, I have to use my smartphone to do so.

Eta Since May 22nd, this is how this website has been operating for me. It's not a huge issue but clearly now only two of us have this problem.

-----

My reply wasn't to you, but to the original poster.
And my reply is still valid if you think about it -we all have different experiences depending on the browser we are using and whether that browser is on a PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/14/2018 11:37:16 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

posted by Linton Farms
posted by Comet Poodles
posted by Linton Farms

Please reread my post.

-----

My reply wasn't to you, but to the original poster.
And my reply is still valid if you think about it -we all have different experiences depending on the browser we are using and whether that browser is on a PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone.

OP never said they were using their mobile phone as you suggested trying it on a desktop. I mentioned that.

Also, the second part of your statement is true but I'm not changing my browser when literally two functions on a single website doesn't work. It's an issue on the website's part, not mine.
 Linton Farms
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2018 5:20:14 PM reply with quote send message to Linton Farms Object to Post

Comet Poodles,
I didn't say it was anyone's fault. I work with software, and a lot of the time different software will work on one browser, but not on another. Most software companies will test what they've built on a number of platforms but not all - so they'll say "we know this works on IE but not on Chrome" (for instance).
Also, as software ages it may not work on newer versions of browsers so well. I know this game is over 10 years old now - if it hasn't been rewritten and updated recently, it may not work as smoothly as it once did.
So, I was suggesting that the reason some people have problems and other people don't might be down to the browser or platform that they're using. It's absolutely your choice to use whichever browser you prefer.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/14/2018 8:11:19 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

As I said, I don't deny any of what you are saying is true. Perhaps it is time to accept that this website is moribund and that the technological side will not be what I anticipate. That being said, this is fairly recent and came after the day or so that the website stalled completely. I'm fairly certain it had something to do with that.
 Zollhaus
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2018 10:57:12 AM reply with quote send message to Zollhaus Object to Post

posted by Comet Poodles
... That being said, this is fairly recent and came after the day or so that the website stalled completely. I'm fairly certain it had something to do with that.
I agree, this only started happening after the site stalled and I'm guessing it's to do with the issue that caused that.
 The Iron Moose
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/17/2018 12:38:49 AM reply with quote send message to The Iron Moose Object to Post

Yeah I have the same issue with the sessions and I can't even look at this Kennels profile

Replies in this thread : 15

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.