Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Dont you love it when....
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
6/6/2018 9:38:51 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post   

A dog you are excited about does exceptionally terrible in shows?

Or worse, your duds surprise you? Darn those hidden decimals.
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/6/2018 12:39:29 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

I have a dog like that right now, I thought she would blow away the competition, but she hasn't. LOL
 Berry Brits
Basic User

Basic User
6/6/2018 5:48:15 PM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post

I haven't run into any show duds yet, my peeve is when high SOP/good trait dogs end up being terrible producers! I've got one girl who used to be the high SOP of the breed and she hasn't yet produced a pup within 0.2 range of herself... Maybe it's my pick in studs, but you'd think there would've been at least a few good pups among the 5+ breedings I've done. razz :p Meanwhile her much lower SOP sister has produced pups 0.6 over her own SOP. It perplexes me lol.
 ESAN
Basic User

Basic User
6/7/2018 2:38:09 AM reply with quote send message to ESAN Object to Post

I've noticed there's this glitch that makes 9.9 heads virtually non-existent. So they show up as either 9.8 or 10 so in the breeds where heads have a high importance the SOP of any dog with a 9.8 or 10 head that has in reality more of a 9.9 head would be quite different...
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/7/2018 10:02:07 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

I've had girls who shockingly don't produce well at all, too... I give them three tries and FHed they go!

And about decimals, I am working to 10 heads too and I'm sure it is true since 10.2 is all I can get to.
 SilknT
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2018 11:08:16 PM reply with quote send message to SilknT Object to Post

I have some 10.1 and 9.9 heads.
 ESAN
Basic User

Basic User
6/10/2018 5:32:17 AM reply with quote send message to ESAN Object to Post

Which ones?

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.