Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 47
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Game Reset Poll (Please voice your opinion)
 BarStar
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
5/30/2018 4:49:27 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post   

So with several breeds hitting 100 SOP over the last few months... the topic of a what happens next has surfaced again.

Jeff asked for ideas. I think it would be a good idea to set up a poll for the three leading thoughts on the matter.

Option 1: Do nothing.
Option 2: Reset the breeds individually as they hit 100.
Option 2: Reset all breeds.

Feel free to post other ideas here or in the other thread

Will

Game Reset Poll (Please voice your opinion)
Reset breeds individually 52.66%
Reset all breeds 35.27%
Do nothing 12.08%
148 Total Votes | Votes from premium users carry more weight.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/30/2018 5:26:29 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

I chose Reset All Breeds as opposed to just the breeds that reach 100 because those at 100 would then be in the basement and would not be competative with everyone else. As much as I would hate it, due to my 12 years of working on my source breed, I think we should all be on an even playing field.

That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

LOL

Carol
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/30/2018 5:29:01 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

I agree with a complete reset. I would finally be able to reintroduce lost colors to two of my breeds.
 Hewell
Basic User

Basic User
5/30/2018 5:52:45 PM reply with quote send message to Hewell Object to Post

I don't think that "reset all breeds" is clear.
Do you mean reset all breeds to 0, or reset all breeds back proportionally, as has been done in the past?
My vote depends on what the question is, exactly.
 Diasonia
Basic User

Basic User
5/30/2018 6:33:26 PM reply with quote send message to Diasonia Object to Post

I think we should reset the breeds that got to 100 only, otherwise if we reset everyone once one breed or some get to 100, then people will only play popular breeds. All others will stay untouched because playing alone or with less people will take longer to get to 100 and those breeds would be reset all the time to 0s.
 Kleenex Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/30/2018 6:41:49 PM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Kennels Object to Post

I vote reset to 0 and even the playing field for a challenge across the board
 Foxfire Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/30/2018 9:12:59 PM reply with quote send message to Foxfire Kennel Object to Post

I agree and see Clwyd Cockers point. But as a player who had to start from source dogs in multiple breeds I would say just reset dogs who hit 100 SOP. It would be a shame to have to start from scratch all over again when I am finally just getting somewhere with the breeds SOP that I am in.
 Ashanx
Basic User

Basic User
5/30/2018 9:24:07 PM reply with quote send message to Ashanx Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I think resetting the breeds who hit 100 is a great idea. It might give other breeds a chance in the show ring, plus those breeds have enough competition they won't have trouble getting SOP back up.

-----
Last edited by Ashanx on 5/30/2018 9:24:36 PM
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/30/2018 11:38:55 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Resetting to Zero would lose most players.
Those who said this may not have been around for the last resets. Dogs were reset to a much lower SOP but nowhere near zero.
I would hate hate a global reset to zero.

Carol
 Zollhaus
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2018 7:34:46 AM reply with quote send message to Zollhaus Object to Post

I too would like clarification on reset all breeds, I would be in favour of a reset in all breeds as was done last time. Dogs remained the same quality in essence but as more decimal places were revealed it was actually useful to see why one dog had been able to beat other seemingly comparable or better sop dogs. It changes the colours - (no more uniform dark blues that's for sure!) but it can make breeding decisions much easier. I wouldn't be keen on reset all to 0 but I guess whatever Jeff decides to do I would still continue to play as I love the game so much, even after 12 years happy :)happy :)
 Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2018 7:59:59 AM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post

Out of interest, how many breeds have actually hit 100?

Could it not be possible to postpone a reset until 10 or even 25% of breeds hit 100, to give other breeds a chance to hit that all important milestone?

Yes I recognise this is a selfish suggestion because it benefits me in not setting me back a year wink ;)
 Ozlok
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2018 8:07:38 AM reply with quote send message to Ozlok Object to Post

Resetting everyone puts us all back in the same boat, the most popular breeds will catch up again way before the less popular ones get there, ad so o ad finitum. The fairest way is to reset a breed once it gets to 100 imo, it gives less popular breeds a shot of getting there
 Berry Brits
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2018 11:09:15 AM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post

I voted to reset all breeds. I assume the reset wouldn't be to 0, but rather the low SOP that it has in the past.

For one, it would require less maintenance on Jeff's part - having to manually reset each breed as it reaches 100 would take more effort over an infinity long period of time, and with our current levels of maintenance this would be much more realistic.

Second it would enable equal competition for all breeds, and while obviously the more popular ones would rise back to the top more quickly, we would still be good for a few years.

Thirdly, I believe a reset to low SOP would allow color breeders a lot of opportunity to integrate colors back into current lines.

I realize that a full reset would damage a lot of people's years of work in certain breeds, but I still believe it's the best option we have. laugh :D
 HSKennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2018 2:10:29 PM reply with quote send message to HSKennel Object to Post

All happy :)
 Heavenly Hacienda
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2018 2:51:11 PM reply with quote send message to Heavenly Hacienda Object to Post

Regardless of reset changes, it would be nice to reset the source dogs to come out with a manageable SOP. I would love to have the opportunity to reintroduce lost colors or traits without waiting over a year to even get close to showable.
 Dances And Prances
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2018 2:56:21 PM reply with quote send message to Dances And Prances Object to Post

I would like to see an overall reset.. but just changing the decimal still leaves some breeds much farther ahead. It doesn’t exactly level the playing field. I would prefer a reset that essentially restarts all breeds at an equal level, but preferably not at zero.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/1/2018 4:46:25 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

BUMP
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/1/2018 5:15:20 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

I would prefer a 100 SOP only reset ---- but failing that I would rather see a delayed reset to allow more breeds to get to 100.
 Star Shiine
Basic User

Basic User
6/2/2018 5:01:45 AM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post

If all breeds are set back to 0, I will definitely leave.Set back the dogs in breeds that have reached 100% back by 30%. So the best dogs before the reset would still be the best dogs in the breed after it, but with an SOP of around 70/75.

Yes it will be tough on those breeds for a while as they won't get the BIS and Group Placements. But they've had a great time at 99/100% getting all the kudos and money! I am in a breed where the best kennel has dogs in the high 90's so it would affect me soon, but I would be happy with a reset of this kind.

A total reset would make many leave I'm sure. It will kill some breeds and very unfair on those who have struggled with source breedings and low SOP breeds for years.
 Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/2/2018 6:40:59 AM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post

posted by Star Shiine
If all breeds are set back to 0, I will definitely leave.Set back the dogs in breeds that have reached 100% back by 30%. So the best dogs before the reset would still be the best dogs in the breed after it, but with an SOP of around 70/75.

Yes it will be tough on those breeds for a while as they won't get the BIS and Group Placements. But they've had a great time at 99/100% getting all the kudos and money! I am in a breed where the best kennel has dogs in the high 90's so it would affect me soon, but I would be happy with a reset of this kind.

A total reset would make many leave I'm sure. It will kill some breeds and very unfair on those who have struggled with source breedings and low SOP breeds for years.

Absolutely agree! A full reset wont "even the playing field" because those popular breeds will still be popular and they'll get back up to 100, while unpopular breeds won't hit that milestone.
 Intrinsicc
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/2/2018 8:13:03 AM reply with quote send message to Intrinsicc Object to Post

i don’t mind a reset something like last time would be ok. It did affect some of my dogs at the time but worked through it. I am not in any of the 100 SOP breeds. To be honest if it reset to 0 I would still play but drop most of my in need breeds in those kennels that have been working up since just wouldn’t want to go through that again. I think in the short run the game would lose a lot of breeds

Replies in this thread : 47
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.