.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 51
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : What happens next?
 Clay Creek Falls
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/23/2018 10:31:04 PM reply with quote send message to Clay Creek Falls Object to Post   

So I know of a few breeds who have already hit the 100 SOP mark, I am just wondering what will happen next to SD?

Ages ago there was talk of NOT being another 'reset' (this would be the 3rd from memory?) I hope that this isn't the case as I still love the challenge. But considering the level of inactivity of users over the last few years...

Has anyone else heard anything?

Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/24/2018 8:50:29 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

You have a site admin who doesn't answer simple messages.

There will be no reset, sorry.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/24/2018 1:43:48 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

I think Goldens and Danes are the only breeds to hit 100.

Still a loooooong way from worrying about a reset.

Will
 Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/24/2018 2:06:36 PM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post

But if anyone in a maxed out breed is interested in a new breed I've got some shar-peis for sale.
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
5/24/2018 2:07:27 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

Every single attempt to address that in the past has resulted in mass chaos and outrage but I'm certainly open to ideas.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
5/24/2018 4:09:24 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

I was here for the last "reset" and I didn't think it was that bad. Maybe if we put together a few options and offered a poll as to what the majority prefers?

Realistically, I would rather see some attention given to our current known bugs, updates that were previously promised and just some regular attention to the game. Without those things I feel that to reset or not is kind of a moot point.

This game has a very loyal following and there is not another dog sim online that is anywhere close to this game (in my opinion) in realism, etc - but it feels like we've just kind of been abandoned.

I understand life, but even if we could get a little update once a month. (I believe there are some breed pics... hint hint...)
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
5/24/2018 4:20:38 PM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

posted by rhondacline

I was here for the last "reset" and I didn't think it was that bad. Maybe if we put together a few options and offered a poll as to what the majority prefers?

Realistically, I would rather see some attention given to our current known bugs, updates that were previously promised and just some regular attention to the game. Without those things I feel that to reset or not is kind of a moot point.

I understand life, but even if we could get a little update once a month. (I believe there are some breed pics... hint hint...)

Pretty much what she said... I've been here through all the resets and everything else, it's not that big of a deal to be honest, it seems like a crazy thing but it's not. I always liked them and usually found they resulted in people trying different breeds, setting new goals, etc.

I too would love to see the updates and new breed pics!

A poll would be good, with only 2 breeds that have actually hit 100, there are plenty more to go, but I know I've put up all my boxers for sale because I"m just not enjoying a breed so close to 100.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/24/2018 7:37:59 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by admin
Every single attempt to address that in the past has resulted in mass chaos and outrage but I'm certainly open to ideas.
Hard reset where ALL breeds get set back to say 50 SOP.

It would give a chance for ALL breeds to be reboot at the same time.

Lot's of breeds could be BIS winners but they can't because they are sooo far behind in SOP.

Will
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
5/24/2018 9:07:12 PM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

That’s a solid idea Will, I don’t mind it at all
 Berry Brits
Basic User

Basic User
5/24/2018 9:40:03 PM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post

I also support Will’s idea, a hard reset would give all players some even ground! While I realize it may be sad for some to lose their lines and projects they still will have a record of it, and there’s nothing like th challenge of starting again. laugh :D

Basic User

Basic User
5/24/2018 10:17:19 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Set all the numbers back by say 20% or 50%, whatever, but equal across the board so each breed maintains its status quo. Sort of moving the finish line in a race.

OR

Deal with each breed separately. Those breeds that are hitting 100 would be considered to have "Won the race". Set them all back to perhaps the middle of the pack so they can start again. Thus a reset of the "problem" breeds without negatively impacting everyone else. (I kind of like this idea myself although I'm not sure how it would work or be implemented. (Make all breedings a "source" to current for one generation?)

I seem to recall some plan where a reset wouldn't be necessary. I can't recall the details but something about comparing each dog to all the others and adjusting the traits proportionally. There was some grumbling but I thought it had been put in place and was supposed to do a re-evaluation every so often but it was found that there was not enough change in the interval so it was turned off or something. I'm not sure of any of this - just going by a vague memory. This was several years ago about the time of the last reset I think.

Now all things said, I never had any issues with the resets I've been through and that's at least two.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/24/2018 10:30:42 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Pfftt! Timed out.

I was going to edit my last post but anyway!

How about we introduce a "genetic flaw" that requires everyone at 100 to breed to a source or near-source dog to eliminate the flaw.

I was reading something a few weeks ago about a Dalmatian x English Setter cross to eliminate a serious genetic condition in the Dals (something to do with urine perhaps). I think it was in Europe where they declared one of the descendants of this cross to be genetically clear and a genuine Dalmation. Looked like a Dal to me.

We could make the 100 x 100 pups sterile. They'd have to breed to Source (lol).

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 5/24/2018 10:35:30 PM
 Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2018 2:20:06 AM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post

I would not appreciate being set back to 50 SOPs when I've been working for almost a year on shar-peis, especially as I'm only now breaking into 80/90 territory!

Why can't just the maxed breeds be reset? happy :)
 Rensvik
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/25/2018 2:30:07 AM reply with quote send message to Rensvik Object to Post

I can understand why people who have reached 100 would like a reset.

Personally I would not like it, I have two breeds Keeshonds and Samoyeds) that have now reached 98.70 SOP, and one at 98.10 (Buhunds), and it would hurt to have the goal posts shifted at this stage in the development of those breeds.

I tend to agree with the idea that the 100 dogs have won the race, so just reset them.

-----
Last edited by Rensvik on 5/25/2018 2:31:29 AM
 DoogieG6521
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2018 3:45:37 AM reply with quote send message to DoogieG6521 Object to Post

I vote no to a global reset. It does nothing to leveling the playing field for other breeds. Those breeds are always the front of the pack. Reset those breeds. It may cause a drop in popularity in those breeds, but that would not be a bad thing. Perhaps it would help boost the number of players in the low entry breeds.
My other really off the wall suggestion is to remove the 100 SOP breeds from play. This would force players to choose another breed. I know it's crazy, but it would work. You wouldn't have to remove the dogs, just make them unable to be bred or shown. It would keep players hard work in view, just not in competition.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/25/2018 4:13:59 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by DoogieG6521
I vote no to a global reset. It does nothing to leveling the playing field for other breeds. Those breeds are always the front of the pack. Reset those breeds. It may cause a drop in popularity in those breeds, but that would not be a bad thing. Perhaps it would help boost the number of players in the low entry breeds.
My other really off the wall suggestion is to remove the 100 SOP breeds from play. This would force players to choose another breed. I know it's crazy, but it would work. You wouldn't have to remove the dogs, just make them unable to be bred or shown. It would keep players hard work in view, just not in competition.

I would be more supportive of a breed reset vs anything that removes that breed from gameplay.

Will
 ESAN
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2018 4:43:54 AM reply with quote send message to ESAN Object to Post

I think a reset like the ones in the past would be the best thing to do. But I can see how some in the less popular breeds can be upset about this because they want to hit 100 with their breed as well ( I guess that's the reason???).
So if something fair is to be done just to the breeds that hit 100, what could that be? Or is the fairest things for all the classical reset done in the past? ??

P.S. edited to support the plea for the pending breed pictures to be uploaded. Pleaaaase!

-----
Last edited by ESAN on 5/25/2018 4:45:54 AM
 Mijas
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2018 4:55:32 AM reply with quote send message to Mijas Object to Post

I was around during one of the resets, although I had a break since then and returned.

Most of my breeds are less popular - doing a hard reset to 50 would be frustrating for those breeds who are nearly at 100 but not quite - it would also mess with source breeders!

I quite like the idea of somehow forcing 100 dogs to breed with source dogs again - in some of the breeds I'm playing with in other kennels, I've noticed that if you go back in time the SOPs were in the 90's but now the dogs that are showing are around 40. I've assumed that this is because maybe people stopping playing in those breeds, and then newbies came along and had to pick up from scratch due to lack of studs etc.

Either that or the idea of locking down the 100 breeds and asking people to choose a new breed to work in happy :) There are lots of breeds out there that could use some help!
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2018 6:28:25 AM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

posted by rhondacline

This game has a very loyal following and there is not another dog sim online that is anywhere close to this game (in my opinion) in realism, etc - but it feels like we've just kind of been abandoned.

Agree with Rhonda. Also very much like the idea of all breeds being reset to 50 (or whatever) - it would be fascinating to see what happens! I would even pay to play again!

Good discussion everyone.

Jeff - very good to hear from you - we all miss your presence.

Kathy
 Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2018 6:52:08 AM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

Another idea would be (like one player said), that all the 100 SOP dogs would be sterile and not able to breed- even with a source....

Or, do a hard reset to 50 SOP all breeds

Or, on the 100 SOP dogs, take them back to the source lines where one has to get a source in order to play in that breed- Sort of like the breed lottery for those breeds that were added back in 2007...Whomever wants to have that breed has to sign up for the breed lottery...
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2018 9:46:53 AM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

I do feel for the people who have worked hard to get their breeds where they have. I’m in Borzoi & they aren’t far off a 100 SOP soon, however with them you could challenge yourself to bring rarer colours up to 100 SOP to give yourself something to work on.

I really am ambivalent, I survived other resets and would again.

Replies in this thread : 51
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.