Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Do Yourselves a Favor
 Squeaky318
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
5/5/2018 1:47:15 PM reply with quote send message to Squeaky318 Object to Post   

When logging in, make it second nature that if you session manually and click on sessions to do so, also check your view all dogs and check your young stock and make sure they have not been overlooked...I have done this a time or two too many, and been left sessioning a dog I was excited about at birth, to not figuring out Id left him out till 10 days old. SIGH. Then its a game of catch up...also make it a habit to go to your account, hit bulk feeding and click on your rations daily...I have also lost condition on almost fully session dogs because of the generic dog food being the default or an adult still on puppy food. Just as irritating as forgetting to session,, except in my opinion harder to come back from. Thanks!! Hope this helps anyone new as well.
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/5/2018 8:39:26 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I just found a 27 day old dog still on puppy food. Ugh. I hate that. And he's all sessioned up... By the time he's ready for the ring, I'll have other younger ones. I haven't spent as much time as I need to in my kennels.

-----
Last edited by XiZang on 5/5/2018 8:40:21 PM
 Squeaky318
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/6/2018 10:51:22 AM reply with quote send message to Squeaky318 Object to Post

I wish once you set it, it would stay that way and rollover when the dog hits adult age lol
 GaylanStudio6
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/6/2018 12:12:33 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio6 Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I have all puppies set to go on top rations (Puppy1777) at birth.

Each day I quickly scan the "My Dogs" list looking for any 14 to 16 dayers, I check one of the litter and if I see it's still on puppy I use the "Bulk Feeder" and update everyone to Adult1777 (I used the "Show Age" section). I rarely have anyone on anything else and finances do not seem to be negatively impacted so I see no need to use the cheaper food options.

Each day while scanning the 14 dayers, I also look for new 0 to 1 day puppies. I check each of them and if I'm not sure of having enough sessions I will manually "train" each that I think might be showable often even if I'm putting them for sale and I FH any that I don't want and are not really showable. I rarely miss a good puppy this way as they then show up in the recently sessioned list and I can decide if I can really spare the sessions for "sale" puppies.

It would be nice if we could set a second ration as the adult food. Changing food is not really a strategic operation, more just "clerical" so I don't think such a thing would negatively impact the game. That said, since I personally do not fiddle around with other foods (I used to switch them to PetHouse later) I'm quite happy with the bulk feeder option - although that could use with a bit of refining.

-----
Last edited by GaylanStudio6 on 5/6/2018 12:23:25 PM
 *WolfStar*
Basic User

Basic User
5/7/2018 11:50:21 AM reply with quote send message to *WolfStar* Object to Post

I've also noticed dogs losing sessions after reaching 20 and rolling back down to 19 randomly, so check for that as well.
 Diasonia
Basic User

Basic User
5/7/2018 12:28:57 PM reply with quote send message to Diasonia Object to Post

posted by GaylanStudio6
I have all puppies set to go on top rations (Puppy1777) at birth.

Just a random food question.
Do you set up your own ration (decide how much of protein, vitamins etc. to use)? If so, what have you found to be the best price and quality ratio for the food?

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.