Search

.com Forum · Pumi

Replies in this thread : 127
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Lets Talk About Pumi......
 Just Pumi
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/28/2018 9:35:14 AM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post   

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

For anyone who would like to post their up and coming best Pumi, I think it would be very informative and useful to those in the breed and those considering the breed, to let others know what your kennel is producing.

Anything goes...Post your best dog/bitch...What studs you have up currently...What your goals are...Any pups/older ones you have up for sale...Lets see if we can all get together and start a Pumi Revival!

Is anyone up for the challenge, or am I just making a dead post?

I will start this off...

My best Pumi thus far is:

JPumi **Broken Dreams**
SOP: 90.70
Black
COI: 5.73%
Generation: 88
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16276629

I will place him at limited stud when he is of age, for all the girls to visit.

I usually don't have my studs up, but if anyone would like to use them, just shoot me a message letting me know which stud you would like to use.

I currently have several really nice pups and older ones up on the Pumi sale board.
www.showdog.com/dogsforsale/breedlisting.aspx?breed=Pumi

My goal is to improve the Head and Coat traits first, then work on the other traits in due time...All the while, trying to keep the Show Shine up at 20, and keep all traits at an even level.

I keep anything that is 89.5 or above....all the rest will be sold or FH'ed.

-----
Last edited by Just Pumi on 4/28/2018 9:50:36 AM
 Berry Brits
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2018 9:51:37 AM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post

I’ll talk Pumi any day! laugh :D

My best guy so far is one of the ones you sold me at 89.40:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16267048
JPumi Those White Lies happy :)

I just got started back up in the breed around half a month ago, but I used to breed them for a few years on my old account Myths. That’s why I’m going to be using the prefix “Myths” on all my Pumis, even though my Brittany prefix is Berry. razz :p

When I first got back in the only breeders in the game (Fantazee and Foxfire) werre working with source dogs because no high SOP Pumi were available and all the kennels who had them were gone!

I think we’ve all been using hidden studs from Airwolf to try and advance our SOPs to the high 80s, but much of the stock I’ve seen are still stuck in the 40s. happy :) There’s a pretty big difference in SOPs across the board! That’s why it’s going to be really important to have studs like your 90 boy to get everybody up to date. laugh :D

My goals are to breed a 10.0 head (heads used to be my goal on Myths) and to make sure colors other than white (namely fawn, gray and black) remain viable for showing because when I played they were very behind in terms of SOP.

I have limited room on here because I have two breeds, unfortunately. I’d love to open up a Pumi-exclusive kennel again but I’m pretty tight on irl funds right now. However, I plan to list all my studs at $25 when they are of age and if you see something in my kennel that’s not available let me know and I’ll list him right away!

At the moment I’m keeping the best pups from all my litters, and their SOPs range from 40s to 89s haha.
 Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2018 9:59:56 AM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

posted by Berry Brits
I’ll talk Pumi any day! laugh :D

My best guy so far is one of the ones you sold me at 89.40:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16267048
JPumi Those White Lies happy :)

I just got started back up in the breed around half a month ago, but I used to breed them for a few years on my old account Myths. That’s why I’m going to be using the prefix “Myths” on all my Pumis, even though my Brittany prefix is Berry. razz :p

When I first got back in the only breeders in the game (Fantazee and Foxfire) werre working with source dogs because no high SOP Pumi were available and all the kennels who had them were gone!

I think we’ve all been using hidden studs from Airwolf to try and advance our SOPs to the high 80s, but much of the stock I’ve seen are still stuck in the 40s. happy :) There’s a pretty big difference in SOPs across the board! That’s why it’s going to be really important to have studs like your 90 boy to get everybody up to date. laugh :D

My goals are to breed a 10.0 head (heads used to be my goal on Myths) and to make sure colors other than white (namely fawn, gray and black) remain viable for showing because when I played they were very behind in terms of SOP.

I have limited room on here because I have two breeds, unfortunately. I’d love to open up a Pumi-exclusive kennel again but I’m pretty tight on irl funds right now. However, I plan to list all my studs at $25 when they are of age and if you see something in my kennel that’s not available let me know and I’ll list him right away!

At the moment I’m keeping the best pups from all my litters, and their SOPs range from 40s to 89s haha.

Why don't you move the Pumi back into your Myth kennel?

Yes, I got my start with AirWolf dogs also...I was lucky, as they did have many up for sale at that time.

With all the flux in the source dog breeding, my advice to others would be to just get rid of them, and between my good ones, and AirWolf old lines, you all should be up and running soon!

happy :)
JPumi
 Berry Brits
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2018 10:09:46 AM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post

Unfortunately I can’t afford to upgrade another premi kennel at the moment and since I want to keep my Britts as well the best solution for me right now is to keep both breeds here haha. Once this subscription expires I might look into subbing Myths again and transferring everything over but we’ll see. happy :)

That’s a fair point about the source dogs, but people who’ve stuck with source lines for awhile may be reluctant to give them up! However, due to my space constraints I’m going to be getting rid of the majority of my source line dogs. I might also keep some colors as well as a safe guard.
 Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2018 10:17:34 AM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

Speaking of colors...I have a couple of Gray Source bred and a Gray stud that is up if anyone would like to use him.

JPumi The Source Of Gray
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16281430

I have 3 of the colors, but lack Grays
 Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2018 10:21:15 AM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

When he is old enough, I will place him up for public stud- no approval-

JPumi Gray Ghost
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16267053
 Berry Brits
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2018 12:45:05 PM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post

Nice! I’ve mostly got fawns, the grays do seem to be the rarest color from what I can see. I don’t really have any exciting stud prospects but I’ll make sure to update this thread when I do. razz :p
 Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2018 1:04:26 PM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

JPumi Pure Fantasy
and
JPumi Those White Lies

Are really nice
and
both should be able finish (with some work).

Jettki
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/28/2018 2:00:46 PM reply with quote send message to Jettki Object to Post

My fiance and I were trying to help revive a couple breeds and Pumi had nobody in it when we appeared. Hoping to help, been trying to get some dogs that are of breeding age though so we can really get started! Impatient! HAHA! Glad to see this is actually a social breed.

I have played the game since 2004 or something so lots of experience over here. happy :)
 Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2018 2:44:03 PM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

posted by Jettki
My fiance and I were trying to help revive a couple breeds and Pumi had nobody in it when we appeared. Hoping to help, been trying to get some dogs that are of breeding age though so we can really get started! Impatient! HAHA! Glad to see this is actually a social breed.

I have played the game since 2004 or something so lots of experience over here. happy :)

yes, I kind of know the Lowchen side of your kennels...(having used a few of your Lowchen in the past).

I am willing to share my lines on occasion, when I do have pups/older stock that I don't need any longer.
 Jettki
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/28/2018 2:47:02 PM reply with quote send message to Jettki Object to Post

Haha, I'm pretty famous in my Lowchen! laugh :D And my Havanese also (I'm Trip)

Looking forward to working with you guys on this breed.
 Berry Brits
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2018 4:15:57 PM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Heya Jettki! laugh :D

I went looking for Pumi tags and things in the banner forum, here’s a breeder tag made by Europa Black awhile ago:

It’s free to use on your profiles if you want to! Here’s a recruiting tag as well (I’m not sure who made it, I found it in my photobucket so it might’ve been me lol but I don’t remember):

I also make banners so if you guys want some Pumi banners for your kennels just shoot me a PM. happy :)

-----
Last edited by Berry Brits on 4/28/2018 4:17:45 PM
 Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2018 5:51:47 PM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

Berry Brits

Are those tags legal?....I know that Jeff had some trouble in the past over things like that (copyright laws and such)

It would be good to use the tags....

Berry Brits
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2018 6:03:49 PM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post

They are! The people who made them are reputable and he images in them are free for public use. happy :) I double checked before I put them up.
 Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2018 6:46:51 PM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

OK Heads up, You all...

For her second litter, I have decided to breed GCH JPumi Broke The Barrier 90.00...
She is the dam of my best boy, Broken Dreams.

I plan to use JPumi **Snow Day**
He is the sire of my ever popular GCH JPumi **Dreams Of Snow** (Dreams Of Snow is the sire of Broken Dreams)

I am hoping that this combination will, once again, produce a really nice one for me.

I am not sure how many pups there will be in the resulting litter, but I will keep what I need (of course) and any I place up for sale will be limited to One Pup per outside kennel....That is so all will have a chance at getting a top quality Pumi.

JP happy :)
 Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
4/29/2018 5:46:48 AM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Oh My!

A Group Placement!

GCH JPumi **Dreams Of Snow**

4th in Group!

www.showdog.com/shows/show_results.aspx?show=TNT 106th All Breed Show

And Congrats to all the other winners in that show!

Proud of this boy!

JP

-----
Last edited by Just Pumi on 4/29/2018 5:49:37 AM

-----
Last edited by Just Pumi on 4/29/2018 5:50:56 AM
 Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
4/29/2018 6:02:34 AM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

I will be FHing these two when they hit the adult box, so if anyone would like them, they better hurry up and buy them soon!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16267041
(SOP 98.30)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16267043
(SOP 98.20)

JP happy :)
 Berry Brits
Basic User

Basic User
4/30/2018 6:52:44 PM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post

Congrats on the group placement! That's great! laugh :D

I'm really low on grays but I just got this 17.90 girl today:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16291733

And while he's still from half-source lines I'm happy with this 51.80 boy as well:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16291719
 The Iron Moose
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/30/2018 8:15:51 PM reply with quote send message to The Iron Moose Object to Post

Congrats, Jettki and I actually came to do Pumik to try and bring the gray forward. ML Home Renovations is a stud that is a gray recessive carrier as well
 Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
5/1/2018 4:09:31 AM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

Thank you all!

On a sidenote, I have decided to hold off on showing any of my Pumi until you all have some better quality dogs. Right now, I think it is like shooting fish in a barrel.

I know I will have some good competition later this month or early next, with all the nice ones that you have bought from me- providing that you all are planning to show them, and not just breed them.

Here's to wishing the Pumi kennels all the best in the ring and in the whelping box.

JP
 Just Pumi
Basic User

Basic User
5/1/2018 5:06:37 AM reply with quote send message to Just Pumi Object to Post

posted by Berry Brits
Congrats on the group placement! That's great! laugh :D

I'm really low on grays but I just got this 17.90 girl today:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16291733

And while he's still from half-source lines I'm happy with this 51.80 boy as well:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16291719

Nice 51.80 boy.
I see he is from one of the old Airwolf dogs.
If they ever come back to the game, I bet their kennel will be really flush with all the stud fee monies that you all have spent! happy :)
JP

Replies in this thread : 127
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.