.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 28
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : How many breeds are seeing 100 SOP
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
3/12/2018 7:16:51 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post   

I know that Goldens have just started. I thought Great Danes were there.

I was here during the last reset.
Any chance there might be another?
Man, that was quite the shock, wasn’t it?
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/12/2018 7:38:53 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Kleenex's golden was the first as of today.

GSDs, Sibes, or Standard Poodles will be next. My guess is early Summer.

Will
 Grasslans*
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/12/2018 7:50:22 PM reply with quote send message to Grasslans* Object to Post

Borzois have also hit the high 99's (99.70) and have all the traits to get to 100.
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
3/13/2018 9:45:53 AM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

I’ve been around for previous resets too, always a shock but I liked them and it never stopped me from playing.
I think Jeff said once he wouldn’t do it again though? I don’t know...

Boxers are th closest breed I have to 100 but they are around 99.6.
 Waggs1
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/13/2018 12:36:11 PM reply with quote send message to Waggs1 Object to Post

So what happens in these breeds when 100 is met? Makes it a bit pointless without a reset doesn't it?
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/13/2018 1:08:04 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

I do think Jeff said he wouldn’t do it again.
I am also wondering what happens when we sll, at different times, end up with 100 SOP dogs.
The challenge will be gone.

I realized that trait numbers we see are not the same as what is actual but still.
I’m all for a reset, actually.
Mind you, I’m just starting to get 10 heads/TNB in my cockers.

To lose that now...well...I’d just have to work harder.
happy :)
 ESAN
Basic User

Basic User
3/13/2018 1:58:06 PM reply with quote send message to ESAN Object to Post

I can tell you what's already happened in Great Danes. The number of shown dogs and breedings started decreasing. After all it's hard having big litters of 100 SOP puppies. not being able to keep all, not knowing which ones to keep etc.
 Clay Creek Falls
Basic User

Basic User
3/13/2018 5:03:23 PM reply with quote send message to Clay Creek Falls Object to Post

posted by Alibi
I’ve been around for previous resets too, always a shock but I liked them and it never stopped me from playing.
I think Jeff said once he wouldn’t do it again though? I don’t know...

Boxers are th closest breed I have to 100 but they are around 99.6.

Yay same here! I think I've been here for the last two resets lol

Yes I think I recall Jeff saying this too, so I wonder what will happen.. we will just have to wait and see
 Siùbhlach
Basic User

Basic User
3/13/2018 5:39:00 PM reply with quote send message to Siùbhlach Object to Post

I would be interested to hear what Jeff says now about the breeds whether he would consider a reset again or not happy :)

There are going to be several breeds at 100 by the end of the year at the rate it is going, I can't see that scenario being much fun- A previous poster already said it has had an effect in danes
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/14/2018 3:35:01 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

I can understand those in 100 SOP breeds might like to resets to keep interest in those breeds. But I would hate to see one happen, as those of us in lower breeds are working hard to get our breeds up.
Having seen Keeshonds and Samoyeds get to the mid 98s now, and Buhunds finally just getting to 98, I for one would be very, very disappointed to see that work go down the drain in a reset.
 Spindrift
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/14/2018 9:20:58 AM reply with quote send message to Spindrift Object to Post

I would be disappointed too. There are always more breeds to join. Or start a new project and build up from the beginning again.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/14/2018 7:24:49 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

My other kennel is Welsh Springers.
There was a big change in them, even American Cockers.
Everyone was in the same boat so those who won, still won etc.
It just gets more challenging to up your traits. That is what this game is about.
Work would not go down the drain, in my opinion. The trait numbers Jeff sees on his side of the wall are totally different than what we see.

posted by Aussiewolfsister
I can understand those in 100 SOP breeds might like to resets to keep interest in those breeds. But I would hate to see one happen, as those of us in lower breeds are working hard to get our breeds up.
Having seen Keeshonds and Samoyeds get to the mid 98s now, and Buhunds finally just getting to 98, I for one would be very, very disappointed to see that work go down the drain in a reset.

ESAN
Basic User

Basic User
3/15/2018 4:39:58 AM reply with quote send message to ESAN Object to Post

Yes, work would not go down the drain! The dogs would still be the same, we would just see another hidden decimal! The difference in SOPs between different breeds or different individual dogs would still be exactly the same!
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
3/15/2018 12:41:56 PM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

Ditto with what Clywd and Esan said, you're work doesn't go down the drain, becuase every dog is still essentially the same vs. other dogs, they just look different.

I always actually found the resets and rollbacks fun and brought new life to the game again.
 Bailey Barns
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/15/2018 1:29:04 PM reply with quote send message to Bailey Barns Object to Post

Right. They stay the same as compared to other dogs. But the goalposts move again.

There are a large number of active breeders in the current 100% SOP breeds, so I'm sure that even if there was a reset, it wouldn't knock them back for long. In ESS? There's me and a couple of people who dabble once in a while. Several of the kennels on the "ranked kennels" page don't even have a single Springer. There was another kennel who was active too, but they left months ago.

Now, through selective and intensive breeding, I've gotten most of my kennel over 99.00, and it would really suck to have that knocked back down again, regardless of whether or not "it's just a number" or whatever. That is clearly the goal here, or people wouldn't get so excited about it. Plus, the gap gets bigger every time there's a reset, when the breeds with less kennels just can't produce enough dogs in the same time frame. So we may not be going down the drain, but we're certainly circling.
 Mamba
Basic User

Basic User
3/16/2018 3:38:10 AM reply with quote send message to Mamba Object to Post

Bailey Barns, would it still be fun for you after your breed would reach 100? Because it will eventually. Would you still get excited to breed 100 to 100 and have all 100 puppies month after month?
 Bailey Barns
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/16/2018 10:36:20 PM reply with quote send message to Bailey Barns Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Mamba
Bailey Barns, would it still be fun for you after your breed would reach 100? Because it will eventually. Would you still get excited to breed 100 to 100 and have all 100 puppies month after month?
Unlikely. And so I would choose another breed. Or buy some starters and build my way up again. It's not that difficult. I wouldn't expect everyone else to give up on their hopes just because my first choice breed had nowhere else to go.

-----
Last edited by Bailey Barns on 3/16/2018 10:37:13 PM
 Caulfeilds Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/17/2018 1:21:09 AM reply with quote send message to Caulfeilds Kennels Object to Post

Bailey Barns, be careful what you wish for.

True Source breeding takes many many years.
I have been working at it in this kennel since 2006.
My WSS are nowhere near show quality.
A reset would disappoint me as I’m seeing better traits now.

In my show kennels, not so much disappointment though.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/17/2018 5:20:13 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

I am curious what the reaction would be if Jeff reset all breeds to the same starting SOP range. As the game potentially hits the end of its life cycle SOP wise, I almost wonder what we have to lose.

Will
 Halcyon Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
3/17/2018 5:51:11 AM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Dreams Object to Post

I often wonder if Jeff produced an SD Mk2 with all the breeds set back to the beginning how many of us would migrate.

I wouldn’t mind either way. I fulfill my top show & finessing of a breed in some kennels, my slow improvers in another and then I’ve taken some others and done colour breeding and crossed to starters elsewhere. I like all aspects of it.

If there was a reset everyone would stay on the same playing field as they were - the bar just gets raised a bit higher - I look at it that way, rather than being dropped backwards.
 ESAN
Basic User

Basic User
3/17/2018 6:17:35 AM reply with quote send message to ESAN Object to Post

posted by BarStar
I am curious what the reaction would be if Jeff reset all breeds to the same starting SOP range. As the game potentially hits the end of its life cycle SOP wise, I almost wonder what we have to lose.

Will

I like this idea happy :)

Replies in this thread : 28
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.