Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Anyone else notice the judges?
 Alibi
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/11/2018 4:06:39 PM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post   

I noticed a lot of the old judges are popping back up in the show schedule for all breed shows not just specialties.

I'm pretty excited about it... I think it's fun. If we had all the old judges back, we'd have a huge pool of them.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/11/2018 4:22:05 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Yeah, unresolved glitch. It's been happening for a few months.

I still say Jeff should just open the old pool and leave it at that. No need to add new judges then.
 Millton
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2018 12:33:29 AM reply with quote send message to Millton Object to Post

Yes, I noticed and I like the random judges popping up too.
The one advantage of not having dozens of judges is that there is a no handler judge available most days. I just don't have time to choose handlers for every breed, and it also stops me getting penalties for using too many handlers.

I am finding though, that I have some dogs that i thought would finish fairly easily but there just isn't a single good judge for them. If a dog doesn't have high HQ or Coat, but everything else is good, there isn't a judge for it.
 GraceInGlory
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/13/2018 11:30:43 AM reply with quote send message to GraceInGlory Object to Post

I like seeing the old judges pop up occasionally too happy :)

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.