Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 12

Author Topic : Which breed do you enjoy the most?
 ESAN
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/8/2018 9:59:29 AM reply with quote send message to ESAN Object to Post   

Most of us have multiple breeds we play in so I was curious which one do you enjoy the most? And why?

And for the Great Dane breeders and other breeds close to reaching 100, what do you do now that all dogs are 100 and there's no reset? How do you choose your breding stock, puppies for show etc?
 Aldeberan
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/8/2018 10:15:48 AM reply with quote send message to Aldeberan Object to Post

I think my favorites are Afghans (Tarot/Xizang), Dalmatians (Fingerprint), and Standard Poodles (Aldeberan).

As far as the Great Danes, that's a great question. There's not much motivation right now. I'm breeding quite a lot (DoggyPanache) but now I'm looking at the more unusual colors.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/8/2018 10:33:20 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

We have our Solimar Curlies in one kennel that have been around since 2003.

In this kennel and my basic, I just dabble in whatever catches my interest.

I do maintain a small group of Goldens so I can keep a direct line going back to some of my older dogs. I think Goldens have been my longest standing breed with the exception of possibly Wolfhounds.

When Danes first hit 100, I bought a couple bitches to try and produce a 100 myself. The first 100 I produced and finished just recently popped back up on my reclaim list. So I bought her back to tinker with. Should be interesting to see how this project works out.

Will
 Aniron
Basic User

Basic User
2/8/2018 11:40:05 AM reply with quote send message to Aniron Object to Post

I have worked with a few breeds over the years. I think my first kennel here was created in 2010 and I started out with Norwegian Buhunds. I bred them for a few years, but when I lost the last of my line I started dabbling in a few breeds. Then, I finally settled on Mals. I have kind of sat here for quite a while. lol

I have often thought it would be fun to color breed Great Danes, but don't have the kennel space for it.
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
2/8/2018 12:56:40 PM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

I think I've had almost every breed over the years... lol...

My English Setter kennel was my first premium kennel I ever subscribed, I still have it and still have ES. I love them!

Also love my Collies and Boxers. Shelties are probably my current favourite and it was a hard fought battle to take that breed from being the most notoriously unfriendly, nasty breed on SD to being a friendly, welcoming breed for others.
 Nefarious Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/8/2018 1:57:22 PM reply with quote send message to Nefarious Kennels Object to Post

I've really enjoyed picking up the Miniature Schnauzers. It's hard to find competition and to get good dogs, as there is really only one other breeder and they aren't really the open, welcoming type, but I enjoy it and I hope to entice more people into breeding the wonderful little terriers!
 Halcyon Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
2/8/2018 3:23:34 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Dreams Object to Post

Pointers are my first love, but I enjoy Borzoi the most I think
 Lunatic
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/8/2018 4:51:25 PM reply with quote send message to Lunatic Object to Post

This kennel remains dedicated to my project for 7 more breeds, but:

Shelties (Antipode) have hands down been the best breed I've done lately in my other kennels! Just so much fun to work with. I'm even trying to bring back color-headed whites in a separate kennel.

Also really enjoying Kooikerhondjes (Eyanril), Collies (Somnambula), and Shiba Inus (Granity) at the moment.
 Star Shiine
Basic User

Basic User
2/10/2018 6:22:43 PM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post

Difficult to judge..
I enjoy Estrella's because it's so competitive,

WSS because I have a great relationship with other players who help each other out,

Manchester Terriers because I more or less rescued the breed and now it has healthy numbers and a recent SOP leap

WHWT, though it's tough now with lots of competition

Shiba Inus unusual situation with one player who is way ahead of the others... and others that are very helpful...A real cat and mouse game there
 BarbieDreams
Basic User

Basic User
2/11/2018 9:06:29 AM reply with quote send message to BarbieDreams Object to Post

My favorite would have to be Maltese,I have had 2 kennels on here that are about 15 years old.I came back after a long hiatus last February (a year back!) and found 2 players.It had about 8-10 back in the beginning.Since last February my goals are nearly achieved.I wanted to get Maltese up to the 90% that most Toy Breeds were at,and start getting Group placements.Finally I'm working on 9 traits for Size,Coat,Temp.'s.At first all traits besides Head & TNB were low 7's.We now have many 9 traits being nailed in!
Then there's Danes:
These are 2 older kennels from before and right at Reset.
www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=BigDreams
www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=Loyalty_Lane
Here's my current Danes kennel and my focus is on breeding.I have 1 excellent boy,he's sired about 115 perfect 100% SOP offspring
Just within 30 some days of being of age for Stud.I am also continuing to show him,he had a 2nd in Group placement.I will be focusing mainly on breeding until there's a 5th generation of 100's and start showing a few.I always have decent pups either for sale or if messaged I'll find one for anyone interested in 3rd-4th 100's generation.
Here's Cupid:www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16051212
And here's his offspring link-www.showdog.com/general/offspring.aspx?name=BarbieDreams Of Cupid
Barbara
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/11/2018 5:21:22 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by BarbieDreams

Here's my current Danes kennel and my focus is on breeding.I have 1 excellent boy,he's sired about 115 perfect 100% SOP offspring
Just within 30 some days of being of age for Stud.I am also continuing to show him,he had a 2nd in Group placement.I will be focusing mainly on breeding until there's a 5th generation of 100's and start showing a few.I always have decent pups either for sale or if messaged I'll find one for anyone interested in 3rd-4th 100's generation.
Here's Cupid:www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16051212
And here's his offspring link-www.showdog.com/general/offspring.aspx?name=BarbieDreams Of Cupid
Barbara

I am showing a Cupid daughter right now. She needs 4 singles and should finish soon.

Will
 Waggs1
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/13/2018 5:16:06 AM reply with quote send message to Waggs1 Object to Post

Yorkies have been my original breed and I guess they are my favourite. I also love Norfolks, the group is small and friendly and we all help each other out which is great.
 Calix
Basic User

Basic User
2/13/2018 10:24:51 PM reply with quote send message to Calix Object to Post

Toy Fox Terriers have always been my favorite for some reason. There’s never enough breeders so it’s hard to get majors, but they’re the only breed I’ve ever gotten group placements and BIS with!

Oh, and all but one color has completely died out so there’s the fun color breeding project that comes with them too. I’m smitten lol.

Replies in this thread : 12

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.