Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 16

Author Topic : I was chatting with Jeff....
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
2/6/2018 6:40:45 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post   

I am paraphrasing here

He says this is the new normal for him, not being near a computer.
He will try to get on late tonight.
He said this is what keeps ShowDog going.

So please people, let us all be patient.

Carol
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/6/2018 7:12:06 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Thanks Carol for reaching out to him.

At the end of the day, shows always run. Show calendar is full. We can breed. We can session. The basics still work well. He always fixes major function glitches within a day.

I accept the reality for as long as Jeff keeps the game alive for us.

Will
 Bailey Barns
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/6/2018 10:03:54 PM reply with quote send message to Bailey Barns Object to Post

posted by BarStar
Thanks Carol for reaching out to him.

At the end of the day, shows always run. Show calendar is full. We can breed. We can session. The basics still work well. He always fixes major function glitches within a day.

I accept the reality for as long as Jeff keeps the game alive for us.

Will

This is where I sit too.
 Willowcreek
Basic User

Basic User
2/7/2018 2:27:55 PM reply with quote send message to Willowcreek Object to Post

I agree with the above posters. I'm happy to keep playing as long as the bulk of the stuff is working. Shows, entries, breeding,etc.

I've been playing since 2003, so I'll likely be here until someone forcefully removes me ... bahaha
 Silk N Denim Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/7/2018 8:02:36 PM reply with quote send message to Silk N Denim Terriers Object to Post

I'm the same. The glitches have never bothered me and I'll be here to the end.
 Intrinsicc
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/12/2018 11:58:08 AM reply with quote send message to Intrinsicc Object to Post

I agree with all of you and understand life changes for all of us and that includes Jeff. As he gets to the glitches in a reasonable time it never really affects me to any detriment. Just enjoy the game happy :)
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/12/2018 1:43:22 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

I did notice some of the new/old judges have preferences now.
 Waggs1
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/13/2018 5:13:26 AM reply with quote send message to Waggs1 Object to Post

Me too, here to the bitter end! It is a shame that there are less players now but I still love the game and have no intention of leaving. I do hope that if Jeff decides he has had enough he will sell the rights to someone who can bring back some passion for the game rather than close it down completely.
 Icecapade
Basic User

Basic User
2/13/2018 6:22:30 AM reply with quote send message to Icecapade Object to Post

Waggs1-

Be careful of what you wish for....If Jeff sells the rights to the game, the cost of it may go up!

I hope Jeff doesn't do that, even though he is pretty busy...

Just my thoughts
 Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/13/2018 6:42:59 AM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post

Showcats wasn't sold, due to these games being incredibly nice, I think he said that it wasnt fair to pass on those costs of running to someone else.

Cant remember the exact wording, it was a while ago
 Siùbhlach
Basic User

Basic User
2/13/2018 10:11:19 AM reply with quote send message to Siùbhlach Object to Post

How did you manage to chat with Jeff? I have sent 4 messages and an email to try and find out why my account is still basic even though I have bought a years premium. The messages to staff and admin have been read yet ignored. I have a family account, the account is new but I am not a new player. Not prepared to spend a fortune on a transatlantic call, does anyone have any other suggestions?
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/13/2018 4:59:09 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

The phone number for ShowDog is at the bottom of every page on this website.

Will
 Siùbhlach
Basic User

Basic User
2/13/2018 5:05:22 PM reply with quote send message to Siùbhlach Object to Post

I am not paying 90p a minute to call America! I am in the UK
 Nefarious Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/13/2018 6:10:52 PM reply with quote send message to Nefarious Kennels Object to Post

posted by Siùbhlach
How did you manage to chat with Jeff? I have sent 4 messages and an email to try and find out why my account is still basic even though I have bought a years premium. The messages to staff and admin have been read yet ignored. I have a family account, the account is new but I am not a new player. Not prepared to spend a fortune on a transatlantic call, does anyone have any other suggestions?
Did you pay online or through the mail?
 Siùbhlach
Basic User

Basic User
2/13/2018 6:23:02 PM reply with quote send message to Siùbhlach Object to Post

Through PayPal as soon as I made the account. It said to log out then log in again. I did but still basic sad :(
 Nefarious Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/13/2018 8:24:36 PM reply with quote send message to Nefarious Kennels Object to Post

posted by Siùbhlach
Through PayPal as soon as I made the account. It said to log out then log in again. I did but still basic sad :(
Oh, that's strange. I know there was another user struggling with that as well:

showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=812904
 Waggs1
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/18/2018 11:55:16 AM reply with quote send message to Waggs1 Object to Post

Icecapade - True, but if the choice is a more expensive Showdog or no Showdog I know which I would choose wink ;)

Replies in this thread : 16

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.