Search

.com Forum · Hound Breeds

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : What Am I Missing Here lol
 Imperial Afghans
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
1/11/2018 12:04:46 PM reply with quote send message to Imperial Afghans Object to Post   

I have two stunning Afghan bitches, very pleased with them both. They are littermates. However...one has 14 points and one has zero. They have the same SOP, with very little difference except in coat and feet, where the white bitch is actually better, coatwise. So why is the cream racking up all the points? Just curious, and thank you for your answers!

Imperial Check Your Heartrate
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16062372

Imperial Raise Your Pulse
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16062376
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
1/11/2018 12:09:28 PM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

I think it's mostly to do with you not using handlers on them. The cream bitch got one major under with a handler under a judge that prefers handlers and got "lucky" twice under Lorene who likes handlers but there wasn't any other class bitches entered who were using good handlers or handlers at all. Also Lorene likes dogs more often they are seen, so that could have helped with the second win under her.

Also remember SOP isn't indicative of everything, it's just a baseline, the game can see decimals to the stats that we can't. So while they look the same, there can be lots of differences.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/11/2018 12:25:40 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

They have same SOP? One is .40, the other .45.

otherwise, what Alibi said. Also judge preferences on stats do come into play.
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/11/2018 1:26:51 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I have a male who is doing very well in shows, whose SOP is not as high as several of my others. He doesn't have any BIS but he's beaten quite a few dogs. I would normally have stopped showing him quite a while ago but he keeps doing well. That's what keeps it interesting.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15973969

-----
Last edited by Tarot on 1/11/2018 1:28:36 PM
 Imperial Afghans
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/12/2018 4:23:38 AM reply with quote send message to Imperial Afghans Object to Post

Sorry Comet you're right, I had a blonde moment...

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.