.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 12

Author Topic : Debbie Vaughn announces retirement
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

System.__ComObject Forum Moderator
12/31/2017 8:00:02 AM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post   

Debbie Vaughn has decided to retire from judging after judging the December 2018 German Wirehaired Pointer Nationals on 12/21/2018
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/31/2017 3:29:11 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

Just noticed that the posts suggest we have 27 judges welcomed to the judging panel (no actual new ones in there that I can see) --- but --- when you go into the judges list in Tools & Stats and I can only count 14 judges left in the current list!

The rest of the "new judges" appear to be in the former judges list.........
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2018 5:13:06 AM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

I think some of them are welcomed twice?
 Arial Eve
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2018 6:07:47 AM reply with quote send message to Arial Eve Object to Post

If you check out the shows you will see its a small group of judges over and over.

Disappointing to see the game devolve this way....

K
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/1/2018 6:19:58 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

What is worse is that we have lost three more judges, and I don't see any actual new judges coming into the judges panel this time around -- despite all the "new" judges being welcomed.

So our judging panel has definitely shrunk some more.
 Flush
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2018 11:54:19 PM reply with quote send message to Flush Object to Post

Yes, only 14 judges sad :( it used to be around 20? Or am I misremembering?
Please Jeff, we need more judges
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/2/2018 1:01:10 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

Actually I think that before things started going wrong it was much more than 20. The judges list has been shrinking for some time now!
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
1/2/2018 1:45:03 AM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

posted by Aussiewolfsister
Actually I think that before things started going wrong it was much more than 20. The judges list has been shrinking for some time now!
From memory it was always 40 judges available at any one time.
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/2/2018 1:47:19 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

Actually -- I think you may be spot on Dalkeith happy :)
 Arial Eve
Basic User

Basic User
1/2/2018 1:48:20 PM reply with quote send message to Arial Eve Object to Post

I am mad at myself for continuing to financially support this game!!
 Flush
Basic User

Basic User
1/4/2018 1:24:38 AM reply with quote send message to Flush Object to Post

I am getting very dis heartened sad :( The whole end point of the game for me is to show and it's getting harder and harder to get all my competitive dogs in the ring with so few judges.

I can put up with the glitches, but would be so good to have some little changes made on a regular basis that have been suggested? It would be nice to feel valued...to have regular updates from Jeff about the game. He used to do a pod cast, every month I think.
My breed forums are mostly dead too, but I think I'll be pro active in that and start posting, and let other users know, so they might visit and post too.

gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/5/2018 2:27:38 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I was just going to say the same thing Dalkeith - originally it was 40.

Then they started retiring and being replaced by judges that were already active and the actual number active was shrinking - seriously. I have no idea what went wrong - the automatic retire-replace thing had worked just fine for years.

I suspect the judges not being on the active list and the judges who can't make up their minds about retiring or staying on are all part of the "temporary" fix for the original shrinking list.

Whatever went wrong, it seems to be a complex issue because I'm pretty sure there were two or three earlier attempts which didn't seem to work.

And Dalkeith, welcome back! Are you staying or did you just drop in cuz ya missed us?
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
1/5/2018 4:39:26 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Hahaa thanks happy :) I still lurk in the forums from time to time - I definitely miss you guys and the game but I have no intention of returning. I have recently hurt my back which has rendered me usless at work so I've been stuck at home for days. The forums are keeping me entertained happy :)

Replies in this thread : 12

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class