Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 15

Author Topic : Breeding 100 SOP Danes
 ESAN
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/3/2017 4:46:15 AM reply with quote send message to ESAN Object to Post   

An interesting thought just crossed my mind. In a generation or two there will be a lot of 100 SOP Danes. If the reset is delayed interesting things will happen. Breeders would actually have to breed based on show results alone laugh :D Interesting laugh :D
 DoggyPanache
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/3/2017 9:50:03 AM reply with quote send message to DoggyPanache Object to Post

I know. It brings up a lot of possibilities.
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/7/2017 12:55:13 AM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

I hope they delay it.
If they don't and do the reset before a bunch of people achieve their 100 through their own breeding, it'd be such a let down. I also see many 99.95s are great showdogs and many 100s are not. I suppose if 90% of the Danes are 100 SOP, maybe a reset or pullback would be in order then. Either way congrats to the breeders who have achieved the 100!

R
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/8/2017 1:06:49 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

I am really hoping they delay it --- for a few years.

It's fine for the Great Dane breeders, and many congrats to them all for getting the Danes up to 100 SOP --- but for the rest of us with other breeds a reset will really hurt.

In my breeds we have managed to get Keeshonds up to 98.40 SOP, Samoyeds up to 98.25 SOP, Buhunds up to 97.90 SOP and Elkhounds up to 97.15 SOP.

To have all the work that breeders have put in to try and get our breeds up towards 100 SOP as well, wiped out in a reset, will be very disheartening. I really will be wondering if to stay or not.
 Equity Danes
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/17/2017 11:04:55 AM reply with quote send message to Equity Danes Object to Post

They're all over now lol.
 DoggyPanache
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/17/2017 12:19:28 PM reply with quote send message to DoggyPanache Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Dime a dozen. Literally. I have 100 SOP pups I can't sell for $100. Who'd a thunk it?

-----
Last edited by DoggyPanache on 12/17/2017 8:20:36 PM
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
12/17/2017 1:19:52 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Somehow I don't think Jeff will reset this game again. Pretty sure it's minimal support - I just can't see him putting new development efforts in at this time.

When any breed is stuck at a particulary set of traits (whether it's 100 SOP or not), the only way kennels can move forward with the best dogs is to use the show engine. Changes the game!

JMO!
K
 Equity Danes
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/17/2017 5:00:09 PM reply with quote send message to Equity Danes Object to Post

He just tweaks the hidden decimals. Might not do that for all breeds though.
 Grasslans
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/17/2017 5:36:58 PM reply with quote send message to Grasslans Object to Post

I really hope that it stays the same. After a lot of work I've managed to get my Borzois up to 99.70, plus I also have other dogs with tens in all the traits that are missing. So in theory, another few generations, there could be a chance at Borzois at 100. Not to mention other breeds that are going ahead. Hopefully us in other breeds will get a chance to get there too happy :)
 Shadowstorm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/18/2017 12:17:17 AM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels Object to Post

I hope we get a reset. I personally love a challenge.
 Kliazma
Basic User

Basic User
12/21/2017 9:04:14 AM reply with quote send message to Kliazma Object to Post

I'd but gutted with another reset tbh. I have bred two 100 SOP danes but neither were great show dogs for me. I then moved onto Italian Greyhounds and we're currently at the 94 mark, so a reset before we really get up into the mid 90s would be sad for me!

In my other kennel, I'm only just getting back into the 70s with PONs who took a massive hit after the first reset
 Old County Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/28/2017 5:36:56 PM reply with quote send message to Old County Kennel Object to Post

Are there really SOP 100 in the game now? I remember as Jeff set the game back many players left the game with lower SOP.

My breeds in generally are between 96.00 - 97.50. It is extremely frustrating not coming closed because some breeds are so much in advance.

I think in case the game will reset Jeff should take care that all breeds start with almost the same conditions. While e.g. my Foxterriers had had a rather low SOP - esp. the above mentioned breeds had around 97.00.
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/29/2017 1:59:19 AM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Jeff said last time that there would be no more resets. That the hidden decimals would come into play. There are so many 100 SOP Danes you can't give them away. I ended up having to sell one for $1 and FH'd several others (in a different kennel).
 Steph
Basic User

Basic User
12/30/2017 9:23:06 AM reply with quote send message to Steph Object to Post

Hopefully with Danes hitting 100 and folks not having anything to improve in that breed will encourage them to try a new breed.

I think Goldens will be the next breed to hit 100. It's just a matter of fixing heads on the higher SOP lines and 10s are now available in that trait.

Will
 Equity Danes
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/10/2018 2:19:41 AM reply with quote send message to Equity Danes Object to Post

Dobermans are also coming up fast.
 Boulder Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/10/2018 9:55:37 AM reply with quote send message to Boulder Kennel Object to Post

I agree with what’s being said. I could definitely wait a while for a reset. If it really comes down to it players in breeds with 100 SOPs can always try a new breed or start at the behginnjng by breeding up from source dogs.

Lissa

Replies in this thread : 15

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing