Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Starter Dogs - Pricing Structure
 BarStar Goldens
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/11/2017 11:27:38 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post   

Can we possibly revisit the pricing structure for purchasing source dogs? Source dogs do not add an advantage to the game. I would love to see a flat price of $300 or similar for starters.

$2k for a starter is blah. lol.

Jeff - any feedback on this possibility?

Will
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
11/11/2017 2:32:59 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Agree!
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
11/11/2017 4:14:51 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

Yes i agree
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/11/2017 7:24:44 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Yes and no.

Yes, there should be a price threshold that is reasonable like $300.

No, that there should remain cheap options for low entry/participation breeds like there is now.
 Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/12/2017 12:23:15 PM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post

posted by Comet Poodles
Yes and no.

Yes, there should be a price threshold that is reasonable like $300.

No, that there should remain cheap options for low entry/participation breeds like there is now.

This! I'm using starters a fair bit because heads in Shar-Peis are all so low so I'm injecting some nice starters with 20 for their heads into my lines, to even them out a bit.

I'm paying $20 for them, if it was $300 I doubt it would be sustainable for me to do what I'm doing currently laugh :D
 Halcyon Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
11/13/2017 1:48:56 AM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Dreams Object to Post

I just bought some starters and paid between £2k to over £5k

They are a complete gamble & all that I purchased are only for colour & will take generations to get back to anything showable.

Yes it’s a project, but a project more may take part in if it wasn’t for the massive cost outlay.
 Star Shiine
Basic User

Basic User
11/20/2017 1:18:37 AM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post

Yes I agree, it's crazy that we have to pay thousands of dollars for starters and they are always terrible. Many breeds are so low on numbers, I'm sure if starters were max $2/300 then endangered breeds would be revived and it might attract more players to stay.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.