Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Back after long break
 Akita Mansion
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
10/23/2017 4:26:16 PM reply with quote send message to Akita Mansion Object to Post   

Hi everyone I am back after taking an extremely long break from the game. I have no idea how to play the game anymore. I was wondering if there is some sort of mentoring program on here so I can learn how to play again. Thanks a lot.
 All Star Acres
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2017 4:59:52 PM reply with quote send message to All Star Acres Object to Post

Hi there! I too came back just recently after being away since 2010 (first started in 2006).

It really hasn't been tough at all to get back into the swing of things! One thing that was new for me is puppies-- they used to have to hit 10 days before their stats settled, now they are settled at birth.

Good luck! It's great to have more players!
 Akita Mansion
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/23/2017 7:22:48 PM reply with quote send message to Akita Mansion Object to Post

Thank you. I am still trying to figure out what breed to work with. So I'm still looking around.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/23/2017 11:23:33 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Welcome back!

I'm not sure how long you've been gone, but check the judges profiles - some of them prefer owner-handled dogs.
 Star Shiine
Basic User

Basic User
10/24/2017 1:07:41 AM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

For standard players set your salary to all sessions, then sell the excess every night.
There is a log in bonus which after a week or so of logging in every day will give you an extra $50 dollars a day.

In a basic kennel, When offering on puppies you want to show, ask the breeder to put them on the best food before they send them to you as basic rations available are not good enough to get them in the ring quickly.

Here is a link to a great post for basic beginners
www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=391848

What sort of breed are you looking for? Good luck!

-----
Last edited by Star Shiine on 10/24/2017 1:11:45 AM
 Akita Mansion
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/24/2017 1:42:25 PM reply with quote send message to Akita Mansion Object to Post

posted by gaylanstudio
Welcome back!

I'm not sure how long you've been gone, but check the judges profiles - some of them prefer owner-handled dogs.

I've been gone at least 5 years. Probably closer to 7 though. I'll go have a look at the judges list now. Thanks for the advice.
 Akita Mansion
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/24/2017 1:53:34 PM reply with quote send message to Akita Mansion Object to Post

posted by Star Shiine
For standard players set your salary to all sessions, then sell the excess every night.
There is a log in bonus which after a week or so of logging in every day will give you an extra $50 dollars a day.

In a basic kennel, When offering on puppies you want to show, ask the breeder to put them on the best food before they send them to you as basic rations available are not good enough to get them in the ring quickly.

Here is a link to a great post for basic beginners
www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=391848

What sort of breed are you looking for? Good luck!

-----
Last edited by Star Shiine on 10/24/2017 1:11:45 AM

Is standard the basic account? If so how do I go and change that? And for the log in bonus do I have to log out and in again? Because right now I have it on the stay logged in. As for breed I was thinking about the Akita or maybe German shepherd. Thanks for all the help.

Basic User

Basic User
10/24/2017 8:49:00 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

"Standard" refers to a single subscribed (paid) account.

"Standard" is synonymous to "Pemium".

A "Basic" is the free account but it has limitations.

A "Family" subscription gives you 5 "Standard" accounts and these will show as "Family".

I don't think 'the stay logged in' will really affect the log in bonus although it might, not sure. The Bonus starts at $5 and increases by $5 each day to a maximum of $50. If you miss one day it goes back to $5.

Temora
Basic User

Basic User
10/24/2017 9:10:13 PM reply with quote send message to Temora Object to Post

No it doesn't affect log in bonuses. Because you still are 'logging in'to the site after the midnight.
 Akita Mansion
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/24/2017 10:35:59 PM reply with quote send message to Akita Mansion Object to Post

Ok thanks a lot everyone.
 Akita Mansion
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/26/2017 2:47:02 PM reply with quote send message to Akita Mansion Object to Post

I think I've decided to go with the Akita right now. Just to find a good one for showing.

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.