Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Repeat breeding?
 Tarot
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
10/12/2017 1:48:11 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post   

Has anyone had any luck with repeat breedings? I did one that on paper (so to speak) should have been great and the pups were all terrible. It looks so good theoretically that I had to try it again. I can't wait to see the results. They will be born on Tuesday.
 All Star Acres
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2017 3:17:00 PM reply with quote send message to All Star Acres Object to Post

Slightly different scenario, but I've had it happen a few times where I get a phenomenal litter from a pairing... then a repeat breeding of the same dogs produces a 100% forever home litter. Not sure if it's just the luck factor, or if the game only allows for so many excellent stat pups to be born from each pair up.
 Rustic Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2017 4:15:09 PM reply with quote send message to Rustic Dogs Object to Post

The low Show Shine on the stud may have something to do with the last bad litter- Wishing you luck with it this time.

R.
 Squeaky318
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/12/2017 5:13:09 PM reply with quote send message to Squeaky318 Object to Post

I've tried repeats but without much luck. Good luck!
 BarStar Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2017 6:20:11 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post

I no longer due repeats. They usually end blah for me.

Will
 Lisboa
Basic User

Basic User
10/13/2017 2:01:43 AM reply with quote send message to Lisboa Object to Post

That first litter blows your mind!

So you try it again ... and get nothing. If you're an optimist you try it again ... and get nothing.

I've never tried a 3rd time. I think Barstar is right.

However it's just so tempting - you planned this litter carefully and it paid off! Surely that mating can do it again!
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/13/2017 10:26:32 AM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

I figure I have nothing to lose since I own them both. We shall see...
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/17/2017 4:38:18 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

Well, I got my answer. The 2nd litter was just as bad as the first... So much for that. LOL

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.